Holiday bookings & Coronavirus...how are we affected?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
They’ve done the refund. No fight

I am amazed, they are fighting it in the courts to get the law changed, cash back in the bank is almost unheard of. Do you do FB, as there are thousands who are desperate and getting nowhere, staff are saying months into the future if you are lucky, you certainly were.

D

Deleted member 26715

If you do FB there is an section on there about Ryanair refunds, put it this way be in for a long fight.
Wife was supposed to be going to Dublin with a bunch of others a 50th Birthday I think it was, last weekend in March, got cancelled, she's had a call from the lady who did all the organising to tell her to call somtime & pick her money up, they've had a full refund from both the hotel & Ryanair

vickster

Legendary Member
My cancelled flight cost has now been refunded to my credit card (booked through Expedia, Delta flight, but billed by Air France). The latter has 45 days to dispute, as they were trying to get me to take a voucher. We shall see, they don’t have a case though based on CAA /FAA regs

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Eurostar have now issued vouchers for our July return leg too. At the moment, we'll be claiming on our insurance for just two hotel nights and four German trains if travel restrictions do indeed still apply on our original departure date. Not bad from a 17 day tour IMO. Phew.

Tom B

Guru
We've just spoken to our campsite in the South West. They're hoping to open first week in July. At reduced capacity. But they won't be able to give a confirmation either way till the end of June. No deposit taken

We've booked time off work.

As we will be walking and cycling mainly the closures or restrictions of tourist stuff shouldn't affect us too much. Just a bit mindful of what the reaction of the locals may be.

If Bozza decides I can't go on holiday in Julythen we can either try to reschedule depending on campsite capacity or we can look at a holiday let we go to for early autumn.

Either way we've been working as normal throughout so I'd really like a break as normal.

Landsurfer

Veteran
Like wise ... working as usual ...Holiday as usual .... As i put in my previous post, it's the retired incomers in the majority that complain about visitors to Cornwall and friends in Taunton say the same about their area ... retirees complaining about incomers while the local people have a living to earn ... My wifes family live in Camborne, Truro and Redruth and are desperate for holiday makers to return .... before they go bust !
You will be welcomed with open arms ... 2 meters long of course , by those with a Cornish accent and tutted at by those from Surrey ....^_^

Julia9054

Guru
The holiday company that we booked our walking trip in Northern Italy through have cancelled. They are issuing us with a voucher to the value of the deposit to use with them in the future - I am happy with that. I have £152 worth of rail tickets, an overnight hotel in Munich and a flight from Munich to Manchester with easyjet - all non refundable.
Time to study the travel insurance claim forms and work out what to do next. Never claimed on travel insurance before. On brief inspection, the forms seem to be suited to a single holiday booked through a company, claiming one payment rather than a "self build" holiday booked in separate little bits.
This is going to take a long time!

vickster

Legendary Member
The holiday company that we booked our walking trip in Northern Italy through have cancelled. They are issuing us with a voucher to the value of the deposit to use with them in the future - I am happy with that. I have £152 worth of rail tickets, an overnight hotel in Munich and a flight from Munich to Manchester with easyjet - all non refundable.
Time to study the travel insurance claim forms and work out what to do next. Never claimed on travel insurance before. On brief inspection, the forms seem to be suited to a single holiday booked through a company, claiming one payment rather than a "self build" holiday booked in separate little bits.
This is going to take a long time!
Just give your insurers a call, rather than trying to use an online pro forma :smile:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Been keeping an eye on the camping rules, and last week our site in the Lake District advised they will be opening in time for our trip. They had given us a 2 year credit note, but after some umming and ahhing we have decided to go this year. Be nice to get away in the van.

Top Bottom