How can you make the world a better place ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Have a look at Maslow Hierarchy Of Needs.A lot of things we want are not needs but wants.We could live without high end cars high end fashion clothing £5000 bikes. I wonder if Maslow reviews his list what it would look like in today’s consumer society.

:rolleyes:

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
1masolow.jpg

i really try and only buy stuff when i need it. i'll try fix it before throwing something out. i still 'darn' socks where possible! (i just don't let anyone see me doing it
laugh.gif
)
i'm trying not to be materialistic. it's sooooo tempting to get something and without fail every time you get it the excitement wears off about an hr later. all the excitement is in the chase for these material things.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Spoil sport😩😩😩

Yeah, I know, in truth that's where I get my main kicks.

Ruining other peoples days :okay:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
It’s you is it that keeps ordering these named storm’s.Was going to say have a good weekend not much chance of turning a pedal Saturday or Sunday

Hardly, I've spent a large part of the day going round the farm securing against the next round of gales..

And picking up after the last one..

Annoyed at not being able to get out this W/E too.

It'll be indoor 'sports' again

Maybe even some 'self actualisation' :rolleyes:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
To sum up most posts so far, I, for one, don't want to be a human being in my next life, I want to be an animal but don't know which one yet, maybe a bird.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
When I start fantasising about the 'good old days', I know it will be time to move to a care home.

But, yeah, some good advice above.

Drago

Legendary Member
Don't buy stuff you don't need. My T.V. is about 6 years old. My grandson bought a new mobile phone, he gave his old one to his brother and his brother gave me his old one. I in turn gave my old phone to Mr WD. :laugh:

I bought Mr WD a PlayStation 4 for Christmas to replace his old PS3 which was 10 years old.

My dishwasher stopped working about 18 months ago and I won't be replacing it.

I also have an old Sony Vaio laptop that has stopped and i won't be replacing that either. We both have tablets so they will do us.

I don't think I am missing out on not having a phone that costs over £1000 or anything else. :okay:
This is it. Too much useless consumer tat made from plastics ans rare earth metals.

Funnily enough, my dishwasher also packed up. In a way the device is a pain as by the time it was full enough to justify switching it on I'd long since run out of crockery. It now gets used to store pots and pans that take up too much room in the cupboards.

Top Bottom