How far do you have to go before you are 'unfaithful'?

How far can you go with somebody else before you are unfaithful to your partner?

• Kiss on cheek

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Kiss on lips

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Open, passionate kiss

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Intimate body contact

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very intimate body contact

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • The whole way

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Tim Bennet. said:
I except the rationale that you can be 'unfaithful' if you establish a 'non contact' relationship in which your feelings and concerns for the other person are more sincere and meaningful than those you have for your established partner. This situation is certainly recognisable from classic literature as well as the number of people who quickly marry their 'best friend' after bereavement. The lack of any physical contact in no way annulled the reality of where their heart really lay.

Hmmm..........surely the essence of faithfullness is that despite preferring to be with someone else, you do nothing about it and remain faithful to the existing partner. Certainly the churches regard it like this and (for example) have not the slightest problem with gay clergy who remain celibate.

papercorn2000

Tetedelacourse said:
I'm confused now.

Kirstie are you saying that if you're in love with someone other than your partner, but don't act on it, that that's not unfaithful? Or is it just fantasy?

She can't help herself, I'm such a tease!

Kirstie said:
What Garry, Patrick and BTFB said...
and as well as thinking about what you would be comfortable having your partner witness, also think about how you would feel if you found your partner doing what you're thinking about doing...

Especially if she was refusing to do it with you. ;)

OP
OP
spire

spire

To the point
Gaz

There's quite a lot going for your definition, but surely you don't class a lap-dance as being unfaithful? This is impersonal and non-contact, but you wouldn't want your partner watching you.

spire said:
Gaz

There's quite a lot going for your definition, but surely you don't class a lap-dance as being unfaithful? This is impersonal and non-contact, but you wouldn't want your partner watching you.

Or confronting you over how much it cost! ;)

Sh4rkyBloke said:
You have to pay for those???? Patrick, Wales is just sooooo backwards! :ohmy::ohmy:

It's a £1 to go to the Draig Goch Lapdancing Club in Blaenau Festiniog. :smile: And, you have to pay separately for the drinks. I just knew that we were being ripped off. ;)

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Patrick Stevens said:
It's a £1 to go to the Draig Goch Lapdancing Club in Blaenau Festiniog. :ohmy: And, you have to pay separately for the drinks. I just knew that we were being ripped off. ;)

Are they allowed to rip one off in a lapdancing club? I thought it was non-contact:ohmy:

OP
OP
spire

spire

To the point
Looking at the votes, it seems that the tipping point (pun intended!) is the passionate kiss. :ohmy:

I suppose this is unsurprising, but it seems very restrained for a male-dominated forum! ;)

Patrick Stevens said:
What Spire wants is an overwhelming vote that copping a bj from Tracey in accounts at the office party is in no way an act of unfaithfulness. He's hoping that this will convince Mrs. Spire. ;)

Almost worked for Bill and Hillary.

SORRY just read further down the thread - spire beat me to it.

spire said:
Looking at the votes, it seems that the tipping point (pun intended!) is the passionate kiss. :ohmy:

I suppose this is unsurprising, but it seems very restrained for a male-dominated forum! ;)

I think the crux of the matter is that women know that men will always deny unfaithfullness and that actual proof is hard to find. So, they will look for lesser evidence that something is going on.

I read the results of an opinion survey once which found that of the people surveyed:
- where a man found his wife had been unfaithful, around 60% said they ended the relationship
- where a woman found her husband had been unfaithful, around 5% ended the relationship

not sure how to interpret this though...

Top Bottom