How many miles do you have to drive a month...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
...for the recent cuts in petrol prices to "cut your fuel bill in half" as claimed by some drivers on the lunchtime news.

(Cock all benefit to me as I don't run a car)

screenman

Legendary Member
...for the recent cuts in petrol prices to "cut your fuel bill in half" as claimed by some drivers on the lunchtime news.

I drive about 2,500 miles a month, sometimes a bit more. Certainly made a difference here.

Profpointy

Legendary Member

You'd still be able to drive five-eights as far as before, to reduce your bills by half !
(assuming petrol reduced by 20% and also assuming I've not goofed)

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I drive 2000 a month in a company car with a company fuel card I don't know how much fuel is, but I do know the taxman likes hammering me every month.
Didn't the taxman pay for the roads your are driving on or did you pay for them yourself?

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
As petrol prices haven't dropped by 50%, drive as far as you like and you still won't 'half your fuel bill'
That was what I thought but the BBC were repeating this guff without a word of clarification.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
About 250 miles so far this month. It varies. Maybe 350 for the whole month and I dont work. Its a good job as well. When I worked I drove 350 miles per week. 18,200 miles per year?

pplpilot

Guru
About 3,000 a month on average, company car so not really an issue for me. I have to pay private mileage at 11p a mile though but other than a few trips to the shops I don't do much personal usage, Mrs Pplpilot's car is more practical with the children so we use that more at weekends.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
650 ish miles a month, it tends to vary by quite a bit depending on the weather and work commitments and the number of Search and Rescue shouts.

Top Bottom