How many times have you fallen/been knocked off your bike?

How many times have you been knocked off/fallen off?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Im surprised people don't break they're legs. Just thinking about the damage you could do to yourself makes me wince.

So far, not knocked off but I've come off many times over the years. Most recent was bimbling up to a temporary traffic light in Wales. I looked down to check gears and things and when I looked up, the farking thing was right in front of me! With no time to react I grasped the traffic light and went down embracing it in a death hug. I leapt back up and quickly turned it back the way it was meant to be facing and was relieved there were no witnesses.

Only ended up in hospital once, with a fractured skull, again, so far....

Last edited:

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Has anyone fallen off an exercise bike or spinning bike. Can you Imagine falling off a bike that can't even move. How embarrassing.

I remember seeing a picture of someone wearing a cycle helmet on an indoor spin bike and thinking, 'what a helmet', the nanny states gone too far, these people probably should'nt be allowed out unattended.....

However a few years ago I did one of those short distance static bike races against Geraint Thomas (I did'nt win you'll be unsurprised to hear) and as soon as I got off had a massive headrush, an attack of the jelly legs and almost keeled over, so I would'nt mock the above situation again.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
1. I remember falling off, off-road on some gravel as a kid, into a nettle patch..
2. then as a teenager putting the wrong foot down round a bend, when the pedal caught the tarmac & catapulted me off the bike sideways..

And 3. a couple of years ago I fell off turning right into a side road in the dark, my wheels slipped on oil and I fell down on my right and bashed my hip. Bar ends saved my hands. Bike was OK but it was about a year before the lump on my hip stopped being sore !

hobbitonabike

Formerly EbonyWillow
First was doing skids as a kid and took the skin off my knee right down to the kneecap. Since starting again last year...once off on ice resulting in bruised and sore hip. I touched the wheel of someone infront as we were going through one of those barrier things on a path. I couldn't get my foot out of the toe clip and hit the deck. I had a bruise on my inner thigh bigger than my hand and many spectacular colours is was too!! Then the obligatory stationary clipless disasters!!!

Brannigan

Oh, yes. I commute year-round up here at 7000ft. altitude. I got t-boned hard by a fast car once, slipped on icy train tracks once. Snow, ice, rain, cars, and playful riding in urban (&mountain) terrain have sent me flying a few times over the years.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Loads, and loads.

In the last year, just two. On the MTB same week, almost the same place. Mud lots of it. Doesn't count as it was a comedy moment and pace plant.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
4 in the past 5 years

1 diesel
2 in ice
1 front flat downhill (hurt the most...)

PocketFrog

Northern Monkey
1. When my front wheel hit a trainline like ridge in a section of road - first time out on the bike since i was a kid. Did my rotator cuff on my right shoulder. Didn't put me off surprisingly!
2. Came off when I totally misjudged the conditions and took a roundabout too fast. Slidy!
3. When two lads on BMXs did hear my bell and sauntered straight into my path on a shared use path. They were wearing headphones. I assumed too much and should have anticipated them doing what they did.
4. When a car decided that he could just drive straight through me as I was turning right. Funny thing is he got out and wanted to fight ME! Then a woman stopped who didn't see the accident and had a go at ME for making the driver 'feel bad'. I was totally unscathed and the surrealism makes me think I dreamt it!

Throw in a few clipless fails and you have the story of me falling off my bike!

paul04

Über Member
Fell off twice and been knocked off once
first time was a clipless moment
second time the back tyre got stuck in the track tram and off I went

Was knocked off by a car driver (a left hook)

Eribiste

Careful with that axle Eugene
Two clipless moments; one when I was being clever and doing a slow turn in the road, which ended as a slow splat on the road, and one other, Sunday just gone when I slipped on some mud having got lost on the Bredon Hill Bikeaway.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
do spd moments count if no one sees them?

I've answered in respect of on-roads off only (not mtb'ing) and not in respect of spd related mishaps.

Top Bottom