How many wear cycling gloves in warm weather?

Do you wear cycling gloves in warm weather?

• Yes

Votes: 121 82.9%
  • No

Votes: 14 9.6%
  • Yes and No

Votes: 11 7.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2IT

Everything and everyone suffers in comparisons.
I used to wear cycling gloves, the old padded leather variety, when I was young. Then I got away from cycling and have been back now for over fifteen years. Haven't been wearing gloves since I have been back, primarily because the handlebar tape has enough padding for me. Besides the gloves as padding, another purpose was prevention of skinned up palms/hands from a crash which happened quite often back then.

Currently ride three to four times a week in good weather and light traffic for one to two hours.

It may not be a good reason; yet, I also got tired of old smelly gloves. I could be in the minority and would like to hear from you on CycleChat.

400bhp

Guru
Always, can't be arsed with having no skin when I fall off.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Fingerless unless cold enough for full fingered. Prevented tar and stones breaking my skin on sufficient occasions, for me appreciate their presence.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Nearly always, for the padding on the bars - I get numb hands on the hoods - but, on a warm day (remember those?) I wouldn't stop riding if I'd forgotten them.

Hyslop

Veteran
Mitts in warm weather,like many folk I'm attached to my skin in more ways than one.Appropriate cold weather full gloves,and a pair of Prendas "Spring " gloves until the mitts make an appearance.Funnily enough though,If I'm on the hybrid,simply riding into town or whatever,I tend to wear gloves only when te weather is o the cold side.Odd that!

Sharky

Guru
Yes. Only exceptions are sometimes for TT's when I think bare hands are more aero than loose fitting track mits.

Top Bottom