How many wear cycling gloves in warm weather?

Do you wear cycling gloves in warm weather?

• Yes

Votes: 121 82.9%
  • No

Votes: 14 9.6%
  • Yes and No

Votes: 11 7.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Always, can't be arsed with having no skin when I fall off.
Don't fall off then!

My gloves only come out in winter.

Mrs M

Guru
I always wear gloves because I get cold hands.
I went out on the road bike once without when it was really warm but my hands got too sweaty.
Have a variety of gloves but they keep disappearing (Mr M, chief suspect).
Had some nice Fox gloves that were good for better weather but they're gone :angry:

Mrs M

Guru
Always, for the reasons stated by posters above.
The tan you get in summer by wearing mitts, which I find looks horrible :girl: I try to offset by doing gardening bare handed, evens the tan a bit.
I fixed Mr M's panda look when he'd been wearing sunglasses all day and had white bits around his eyes.
Used bronzing powder and looked OK, although Mr M had a wee glow about him :ohmy: :laugh:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I fixed Mr M's panda look when he'd been wearing sunglasses all day and had white bits around his eyes.
Used bronzing powder and looked OK, although Mr M had a wee glow about him :ohmy: :laugh:
That's nothing, I once spent a sunny afternoon at Mallory Park with no T-shirt on and binoculars around my neck, talk about tanlines :eek: didn't take my shirt off for the rest of the year.

mustang1

Legendary Member
I nearly always wear gloves but on the off occasion I don't, it sure feels good having a more direct connection with the bike.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I use the crochet and leather ones in summer, and mittens or gloves in the winter, always have. Like western shirts when touring or riding long distances, just a convenience thing.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4192500, member: 9609"]For reasons that puzzle me as I rarely wear a helmet, I feel very vulnerable cycling without gloves and probably the only time I cycle without gloves is on big ascents in warm weather but I will then put them back on for the descent. Seems my hands are more important to me than my head.[/QUOTE]
You would have to be unlucky to bang your head when you fall off, but your hands will always make contact with the ground.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Nothing worse than gravel rash..gloves are good for grip and sweat absorbing..my hands sweat a lot as does the rest of me when biking..

carling

I'm looking for some fingerless summer clothes.

Any recommendations? I'm looking for ones with little or no padding

Top Bottom