How much have you spent on your bike this year.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Chainring & chain in March, about 23 quid
Mudguards 12 quid
1x tyre, 2x tube & rim tapes about 25 quid

SIXTY POUNDS! I need to economise.

RWright

Guru
I saw this thread and was afraid to go look but I took a deep breath and went to all the online places I buy from and checked my accounts. I have spent about $2600 on all my bikes this year. :cry:

I have been doing some refurbishing of older bikes and upgrading some of my newer ones. I also spent about $300 on a used Mountain Bike. I think it was earlier this year I bought my used Carbon Synapse too, so another $750 or so added too. :blink:

On the bright side, I have enough CO2 to last for years, my drop bar bikes each have a new set of Continental Grand Prix 4000s tires waiting to be put on in the spring, hopefully I can make it a few more months on my current tires. My mountain bike has new tires on it as well as my vintage Raleigh bikes. All but one of my bikes have Cree T6s or better lights. I have back up chains, cassettes and BBs for a couple of the higher use bikes. I have quite a few bicycle specific tools now. I also have lots of tubes for all the bikes. I have enough cycle clothes to last years. A lot of it I haven't worn yet. And 3 pairs of shoes. My feet might get wet but they won't be wet when I leave home. :rolleyes:

I don't plan to spend nearly as much in 2014 because I am pretty happy with what I have now and have a bike for most things I would want to do....well except for touring, maybe later on for that, who knows where the cycling journey will take me from here.

I look at it as an investment in my health, which it certainly has helped to improve. I don't really regret buying any of it...well except for maybe that stupid light thing that screws on the valve stem that I got from China, it looked cool in the picture, too bad it didn't work. :thumbsdown: I don't really even regret that, I got them to refund my $12 anyway, but upon further review, it might not have been something I really needed. I also didn't really need to upgrade my older style 105 shifters to newer style Ultegras, but I did, just one of those things I wanted so I went for it. Hopefully it will keep me away from DI2 for at least a couple of more years. If electronic shifting technology becomes the norm, that move might even save me a little money the longer I wait for it.

I think I might qualify for the bicycle addiction but I do plan on spending very, very little on it 2014. ;)

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
About 6 inner tubes,2 tyres,a new front light,handlebar tape,2 cables for the brakes and the gears.
Clothing wise a new helmet,2 jerseys, a pair of cycling shorts,new overshoes,slightly tinted glasses,a skull cap..i think that's it so far.:scratch:

I've totaled it up to around £269,which has resulted in me so far this year doing around 4,500 miles.

Herbie

Veteran
He's gone to Uni as a mature student and the travel costs were crippling him. Glad to be able to enable his ambitions. Do you ever cycle out Inverurie/Insch Direction @Herbie

Och aye I do go out that way sometimes...I work in Inverurie used to bide in Oldmeldrum but my circumstances changed and I now stay in Bucksburn....when I stayed in Oldmeldrum I cycled all round that area....on fine days i'll cycle to Inverurie but not on the A96...that's a bit mental

rbreid

Old git on old bikes
Och aye I do go out that way sometimes...I work in Inverurie used to bide in Oldmeldrum but my circumstances changed and I now stay in Bucksburn....when I stayed in Oldmeldrum I cycled all round that area....on fine days i'll cycle to Inverurie but not on the A96...that's a bit mental
We may bump into each other then...I'll look out for the specs:whistle:

More than i have budgeted for our wedding next year!! If the missus new that she would have the divorce papers ready to go at the reception. :unsure::unsure:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I've never mastered the art of spending money and cycling simultaneously, so my answer would have to be: zero :biggrin:.

(that's my account, and I'm sticking to it...)

Top Bottom