I always wave

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wobbling

Regular
It seems to be a bit of old fashioned now but if I pass a cyclist of any type or number coming in the opposite direction I give them a wave ,not an arm up in the air flag waving effort just a hand of the bar fingers raised acknowledgement.
I reckon this is returned about 50% of the time split evenly among leisure ,group rides flat out trainers and others .
Do you wave if not why

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I fart.

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
On the way to work on the hybrid no. Generally because the only other cyclists seem to be commuting.

On the roadbike in the countryside towards other leisure cyclists then yes. I think its because its not just a wave hello is it? its a wave to say cycling is awesome and we both know it. I dont think all commuters feel like that.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
The people i encounter whether on foot or going up and down the canal tow path that i go on seem to be commuting. I find most just ignore you and i don't blame them really, work isn't normally a fun place to be heading towards on a bicycle. I tend to find older people leisurely cycling most friendly and acknowledge you.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Do you wave if not why
can't be arsed for the most part... same way i don't say hello to all the people i pass in town, although tend to do when out in the countryside.

I'll wave back to a cyclist, but on the odd occasion I wave first, they'll often blank me... probably because I don't look like one of them.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Wow. It's been a while but has yet to descend down the 'roadie looking down on others' route yet and the OP is a relative newbie so won't know that it's Cycle Chat bingo
So...the penny jar is empty

Do I wave? When I can be bothered.
Am I bothered if I don't get a wave back?
Hell no.

Top Bottom