I want a big enough saddle bag for a flask, butties and spare clothes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
@Nibor
Examples below. you can buy multiple mounting blocks for different bikes.

IMG_1283.JPG

IMG_2093.JPG

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Just a side question do the Carradice racks allow you to fit the bags to set ups that don't have the means to mount a bag to the saddle normally? I have an I-beam saddle which has no rails.

I think you can get a quick release post mount. You can, someone has posted a photos of one on page 3 of this thread.

Yep, SQR system. It is very good & another big plus for Carradice customer consideration, they offer the seatpost hoops in a bigger size as well for fatter folding bike seatposts.

That's what I meant by hoops, apols if I used the wrong term.
I didn't notice we used different words. If I had re-read your post after searching for the picture of the broken fixture, I would have used "hoops" too.

contadino

Veteran
And they also sell the rings in both sizes, which is important, because they do fail.

img_20141109_141440265-jpg.61270.jpg
s

That's pretty much what happened the first time I used my SQR. My bag contained a litre of water, a packable waterproof jacket and my toolkit. Total weight of just over 2 kilos. Hit a pothole and snap. Luckily I was only about 2 km from home. My mate's broke in the same way when he was 60-odd km from home.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
That's pretty much what happened the first time I used my SQR. My bag contained a litre of water, a packable waterproof jacket and my toolkit. Total weight of just over 2 kilos. Hit a pothole and snap. Luckily I was only about 2 km from home. My mate's broke in the same way when he was 60-odd km from home.
Interesting, I've put some heavy loads in mine without issue in that respect. Probs > 10kg.

Top Bottom