I want a big enough saddle bag for a flask, butties and spare clothes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I agree with @User46386 I have that bag as well as the Barley and there's a considerable difference in size and utility between the two for a small difference in cost.
If you want space for tools and spares, flask and some spare layers/arm-warmers etc, then I'd go for the Barley.
The Zipped Roll I use on summer days or evening rides where I don't need much more than a lightweight waterproof a tube and a cafe lock. Mostly it lives on the Brompton. The one benefit of a Zipped Roll is that it can also be used on handlebars however.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Panniers can never be too big, you never know what you might find at the roadside when out on the bike:okay:.

ff7b9b814557ed879669e7eca1afbf54930781.jpg

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Surely something like this is big enough for my needs?
carradice-original-saddlebag-bwc09-2-1000px.jpg
Should do nicely although I prefer the black 'n' white ones to the green/honey.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I went to Carradice at Nelson today. It's not what i expected! I thought it'd be a big warehouse type building employing a few hundred or so. Instead i found a little run down side street with a plaque on the wall pointing the hidden building out. It's only a small building. I counted 6 people including the office staff working there. Anyway, i bought one of these.https://www.carradice.co.uk/index.php?page_id=product&product_id=39&under=type It should've been £55 but as it's a slight second i got it for £30. I also bought a frame for £45.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I farking love going in there, like going back in time.
Which frame?

I honestly thought it'd be a much bigger place. Up the stairs the office is on the left, the place where they make the bags is on the right then a small room with the bags for sale. It reminds me of some factories i worked in in the 1970's. I asked if i could pay by card. Unlike me,as i normally pay in cash. They seemed a bit fazed by it.

Top Bottom