I want a big enough saddle bag for a flask, butties and spare clothes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
So the saddle needed to be changed in order for the rider to be comfortable then.

FTFY

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Did the stock saddle have the necessary hoops then?
Three of them have. Two that didn't I used an SQR system. Started with a bagman on the Rourke, but now let it hang free onto a rack. No support for the smaller bags on the Brommie. Biggest ones use the SQR.

Bag loops are available from Carradice and the seat mounted qr thing takes one Allen bolt to fix to the rails and Bob is your mothers brother ...

Fab Foodie

I have one of those, after trying various saddle pods / bags none did the job I wanted them to do so got one of those, carries everything I need with room to spare and easily clips onto the handlebars.
Any chance you (or @User46386 ) could take some photos of how it attaches to the bars and sits in place?
Cheers FF

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Any chance you (or @User46386 ) could take some photos of how it attaches to the bars and sits in place?
Cheers FF

Not great pics but the bag simply fits between the drops and is strapped in place by two webbing straps with press stud fasteners, doesn't get in the way and has plenty of storage with additional zipped pockets either end and large velcro map pocket to the rear. Holds everything I need with room to spare.
bag.jpg
bag1.jpg

Fab Foodie

Not great pics but the bag simply fits between the drops and is strapped in place by two webbing straps with press stud fasteners, doesn't get in the way and has plenty of storage with additional zipped pockets either end and large velcro map pocket to the rear. Holds everything I need with room to spare.
View attachment 126075 View attachment 126076
Great, thanks Steve
I'm not sure whether it would foul my fork crown mounted dynamo light, but it might be worth a punt. Very neat all round and cheap as chips!

Custom24

Über Member
image.jpeg
I just bought one of these. Inexpensive.

http://www.ibera.info/products_detail.php?cID=10&Key=57

£12 off Amazon, I think.

I am using it on my commute tomorrow so I will let you know how it goes.
It is fine. Looks quite smart and does the job. Has a 5 litre capacity so I need to supplement with my saddlebag, but it does mean I can leave the rucksack behind.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
View attachment 126109
It is fine. Looks quite smart and does the job. Has a 5 litre capacity so I need to supplement with my saddlebag, but it does mean I can leave the rucksack behind.
All those velcro straps are going to knock seven bells out of the paintwork unless you get some tape under them, as for the frame bag itself......I guess if its practical for you then fine but imo it looks ruddy ugly.
I did have a small frame bag myself but got rid for the same reason, it was ugly.

Custom24

Über Member
All those velcro straps are going to knock seven bells out of the paintwork unless you get some tape under them, as for the frame bag itself......I guess if its practical for you then fine but imo it looks ruddy ugly.
I did have a small frame bag myself but got rid for the same reason, it was ugly.
Thanks for reminding me about the tape. As for aesthetics, each to their own. The alternative was panniers

Top Bottom