It’s a different world now.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Or having the games teacher insist all the boys strip off, get in the showers together, and stand with folded arms watching them to 'make sure they get themselves properly clean'...! :whistle:

This happened in the girls at our school (by the female PE teacher) - she was later found out - just got brushed under the shower tiles at the time... I've got a shool re-union at the weekend with about 20-30 of us..and the ladies all remember this.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Our Woodwork teacher was a crack shot with the board rubber.
Were they those felt pads with a wooden hand grip? I think schools tended to get all their equipment from a rather worthy company called ESA.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Me and a friend who's a teaching assistant at a school in a 'run down area' were only on about a lack of discipline in schools and her's in particular these days, the other day. She told me of children as young as 7 telling her to f... off and refusing to do as they are told with one even saying "If you talk to me like that again I'll sue you". :ohmy: We compared this to my secondary school's PE teacher in the 1970's who let you join his 'red hand gang' if you wanted. His words were "If you want to join just simply upset me". When you joined he made you lift up your PE top then he slapped you as hard as possible on your back with his flat hand, leaving a glowing red hand mark. :ohmy: Me being a best to do as you're told type thankfully didn't have to join. Imagine getting away with that these days.:laugh:

Alex321

Veteran
I used to play Water Polo for the school. Away games, we would all travel in the School minibus, and then on the way back, we'd stop at a pub somewhere. In those days, children weren't allowed on the premises, so the teachers would bring us out some crisps and soft drinks while they had a pint or two inside - then carry on driving us home.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'll never forget Mr Powell the drama teacher (who was allegedly 'shagging' Miss Smith :wub: the maths teacher) holding up a pupil ( Micheal Flanagan) he overheard gossiping about it by his blazer lapels against a wall, then drawing back his ready to strike clenched fist, threatening to kill him if he ever heard him say that again!:ohmy:

Last edited:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
In my 1st year in infants, we had a teacher who pulled down one boys pants, put him over her knee and spanked his bum! He screamed the place down. That was only 1986.

We had a woodwork teacher who asked us at 15 who could get served at the shop, so my mate use to get him 40 b&h. Smoking was banned on site but him and the . metal work teacher still used to smoke in their office.

Not much else to report, that was the early 90s so you couldn't get away with much by then!

Drago

Legendary Member
We once hrabbed a lads clothes in the changing room and chucked them out the window. Said victim had to run naked to retireve them in full view of rhe Maths Block. Of course, do that now youd probably get arrested for something and BBC news would run a long article about the victims long road to recovery, etc.

But this sort of thing was expected retaliation for holding me down the previous day, spraying my groin with WD40 and setting fire to it. A bit of lighthearted embarrassing nudity by way of payback was a small price to pay. My slightly unhinged mate, Damon (or Demon as we called him), was all for going round and setting fire to the lads house! Damon later went on to join the Hells Angels and had a successful career with them.

Last edited:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
We also had a willy watcher / closet paedophile in the PE department, like some of the tales from earlier, after rugby he would make the cleaner lads roll in the mud as they "hadn't tried hard enough". Then it was into the communal shower where he'd watch each and every one of you "to make sure you were properly clean", no in-and-out, extra-quick washes allowed, he wanted to drag the experience out clearly. He encouraged horseplay amongst the lads, and he liked passing comment on which lads were hairier and which hadn't developed as much, dressed up as fairly gentle ribbing but clearly, in hindsight, pretty sinister. He would also make you swim nude if you had forgotten your swimwear.
The other games master Gaz did monitor the showers but far more respectfully, I.e. he allowed the lads some privacy while they were undressed. I often wonder if he recognised at the time that he was working with a paedophile. I'm not sure we did, we certainly thought he was odd, and cruel, but the more sinister side only becomes apparent in hindsight.
These days that would be a police investigation thankfully. It's amazing and quite sad reading this thread, to see just how common that abuse of trust / power was.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
We had a great PE teacher and i still see him around my hometown sometimes and he had the best way of dishing out punishment without doing it himself. During games lessons we would play a game called murder ball ( basically no rules rugby). you would know if you upset him or his fellow teachers that weeks as you would be in the team wearing skins ( i.e bare skin)....then during rucks, mauls, scrums as you would call them now, the kids would slap you as hard as possible across your back, chest, arms etc etc at every oppurtunity....payback was a bitch if you was in skins the following week lol

great times

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Our metal work teacher used to randomly slam a lump hammer down on the metal bench to get everyone to listen. If you using an angle grinder or anything else that involved concentration it made for a WTF was that! moment. No one lost a limb though.

Alex321

Veteran
We had a great PE teacher and i still see him around my hometown sometimes and he had the best way of dishing out punishment without doing it himself. During games lessons we would play a game called murder ball ( basically no rules rugby). you would know if you upset him or his fellow teachers that weeks as you would be in the team wearing skins ( i.e bare skin)....then during rucks, mauls, scrums as you would call them now, the kids would slap you as hard as possible across your back, chest, arms etc etc at every oppurtunity....payback was a bitch if you was in skins the following week lol

great times
That wasn't an option for our sports teachers, as the School sports shirt was reversable. Plain maroon one side, maroon with a coloured bar around it on the other side. If playing as a school team, the plain maroon was the official school colours. The coloured bar varied according to which house you were in.

Top Bottom