It's been bugging me all night

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
In almost 25 years in the Dibble I met some who were a result of their upbringing or unsolicited experiences.

However, an equal number or more were from normal backgrounds, weren't abused, and had every advantage available to them that a regular kid would, and yet they still behaved like scum bags when their peers did not.

I hope for their sake they'll think about their actions in years to come and realise what total tw..ts they were. A lad up the road gave his neighbours hell when he was in his teens. All sorts of anti social behaviour was normal for him. When he reached his 30's and had children he must've had a guilt experience. He printed a letter apologising for his past actions and put a copy through all his neighbours doors.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
I hope for their sake they'll think about their actions in years to come and realise what total tw..ts they were. A lad up the road gave his neighbours hell when he was in his teens. All sorts of anti social behaviour was normal for him. When he reached his 30's and had children he must've had a guilt experience. He printed a letter apologising for his past actions and put a copy through his all neighbours doors.
That's what letter boxes are for!!

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I hope this subject isn't too heavy for the cafe. I haven't signed up to the new style politics and current affairs and even if i had i wouldn't want a umpteen page discussion on the rights and wrongs of the causes and the cures etc. The thing is something happened to me at 6.15 tonight and it's been on my mind since then. I thought about posting about it earlier but kept putting it off,but i have to tell someone.
I went to the local chip shop for tea. On my way out some undesirables in a parked car gave me some serious abuse. I don't know who they were and as far as i know i haven't spoken to them before. As i approached their car i got a strong smell of cannabis. They'd also thrown quite a bit of chip shop wrapping paper,a tray and other stuff out their car. Naturally i looked at their car. Not at them but their car. Then they let rip. "What you lookin' at you f..k..g freak" followed by "we know where you live you @!#!"! I didn't make eye contact with them. I pretended i hadn't heard them. I walked further up the road then as i crossed i took note of the car's registration plate. I kept it in my head till i got home then wrote it down.
I'm here asking for reassurance. I didn't tell Mrs Accy as i didn't want to worry her. So i'm asking you lot.Have any of you lot suffered a similar incident? I felt a bit of a wimp when i got home and wondered if i should've told them to feck, off instead of pretending i hadn't heard them. I've heard from quite a few blokes around my age(56)who've had similar experiences. It seems these tossers are looking for a reaction, then if they get one they either up the abuse or even worse attack their target. Anyway,i've got their registration number. Should i let it go or should i contact the police so the incident will be recorded in case similar happens again?
You did the right thing. But then, you already know that.

The challenge now, is to stop letting it play on your mind. Hopefully posting here, getting it off your chest, will help with that.

My advice, next time you are trying to get up a huge hill, feeling knackered. Recall this entire event, from the chip bag through to getting home. I promise you it will distract you and you will find yourself on top of the hill without even realising. At least you will find a positive use for the negative encounter.

This is not a joke by the way I am totally serious. I have a few hills that I dislike and find that I divert to avoid them on a commute . Last week I found myself on top of one without even remembering starting up it, I was going over a problem I had in the office, in my head and before I knew it...i had misses the divert and was at the summit . Negative experiences are really good distractions.

Bank it.

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
[QUOTE 4721651, member: 76"]Being the victim of hurt and damage does not give someone the right to pass it on. If they do behave in that way, then they must be held to account regardless of their upbringing. They may have had a crap life, but they still consciously choose to act the way they do. Otherwise we go down the road of the abused becoming abusers, which I think was put to bed years ago.

People make choices, if three lads in a car gob off at Accy, it is not their upbringing that made them do it, they chose to. One day someone will kick the crap out of them and they will learn that actions have consequences.[/QUOTE]

Yup - I didn't say they had the right to behave that way, or that they shouldn't be held to account - that way anarchy lies. Just that name calling and hatred makes things worse all round, as opposed to sadness, regret and a degree of pity that people have ended up in such a way.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Over the years I've learned to avoid groups of yobs because peer pressure makes them unlikely to back down. It also makes them more likely to do stupid things including speeding in their cars, with the inevitable consequences. We had 4 seriously injured and one killed a few years ago when their car flipped over a wall near our house.

Definitely report this incident to your local Beat Officer, the car reg will have a marker put against it and if the car is seen by a traffic car equipped with ANPR they will get stopped for a chat and a "producer." More than three reports earns the owner a home visit and probably a Section 59 or an Acceptable Behaviour Contract. We have been encouraged to use this system, which makes best use of technology, by Lancashire Police and we have dealt with several habitual speeders in our rat-run street as well as a gang of yobs, four of whom are on ABCs and have been banned from the street while their two moped-riding pals have Section 59 notices on them and haven't been seen racing in the street for a long time.

Intimidation and bad behaviour are not tolerated so the Police need to know about this.

potsy

Rambler
I believe this is similar to the plot of the latest Jack Reacher book, maybe you should get a copy and do what he does :whistle:

You did the right thing Accy, walk away, confrontation is exactly what they want, it cannot end well for the 'victim'.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Discretion is always the better part of valour. Best to back down and let karma sort these feckers out. I had a 'run in ' with some local 'yoof' who insisted on riding a motorbike along the Bristol railway path last summer. One shouted at me 'You takin' pictures mate?' as he spotted that I had my phone out and was trying to record the reg plate. Colleague at work suggested that I let it go as some of these little sheisters carry knives:stop:.

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
[QUOTE 4722194, member: 9609"]Does doing that help though ?
We have been trying this approach and the problems is deepening, we need to start locking them up for longer and longer, they're destroying society.[/QUOTE]

Less money on prisons and more in rehabilitation programmes. Scandinavian or US response to crime?

I believe this is similar to the plot of the latest Jack Reacher book, maybe you should get a copy and do what he does :whistle:

You did the right thing Accy, walk away, confrontation is exactly what they want, it cannot end well for the 'victim'.
Where do you think Lee Child gets his inspiration?
My Twitter page.
I didn't realise he wrote fantasy novels...

I wasn't aware that the Jack Reacher novels were real..............

I look forward to the new novel and his adventures in Accrington....

Top Bottom