It's Ninja season. Yayyyy.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My morning commutes are starting to be 100 percent in the dark again now. Every year, without fail, it never ceases to amaze me, how many road users, fail to grasp the concept of lights. I nearly got broadsided by 2 cyclists, wearing dark clothes, and not having illuminated lights, of any description. Then I got the shock of my day, when a line of traffic approached from my right, at a junction. They all had their lights on, except for one, who's lack of any lights ( it was still before official 'lights off' time, and pretty dark ) made it appear as though there was a gap in the line, where there wasn't. Fortunately experience has taught me to expect complete idiots like this to be around, so I double checked before moving. Good job I did too:eek:. The motorists behind him were flashing their lights, as were the motorists on the opposite carriageway, to no avail:banghead:. Every year I despair, of how such a simple concept ( it's dark, you must have effective lights, to use the roads, legally) evades so many people.

Goodness we are slack this year. This annual thread is due on 22 September.
We should do a yearly calendar of tedious threads:

Ninja cyclists
My local shop has Christmas decorations
Easter eggs in Tesco
Riding on leaves
School holiday driving

We should do a yearly calendar of tedious threads:

Ninja cyclists
My local shop has Christmas decorations
Easter eggs in Tesco
Riding on leaves
School holiday driving
And a Partridge in a Pear tree

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
In a similar vein:
Every year I despair, of how such a simple concept ( it's dark, you must have effective lights, to use the roads, legally to get down a mountain safely) evades so many people.
I sometime waste time entertain myself by reading mountain rescue reports. It's getting towards the time of year when they start saying things like that ^^ as well, having been called out yet again to a party of numpties who've gone up into the hills with their planned walk longer than daylight hours, with no torch.
It's quite amusing sometimes, wondering what they would have written had they not had to maintain a calm, professional facade...

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
My morning commutes are starting to be 100 percent in the dark again now. Every year, without fail, it never ceases to amaze me, how many road users, fail to grasp the concept of lights.
You put "road users", yet, you don't mention all the nobbers driving their cars out of shop car parks onto roads lit with modern LED streetlights and thinking that means they don't need any lights on. I guess you don't see them because they've haven't got any lights on.

Every year I despair, of how such a simple concept ( it's dark, you must have effective lights, to use the roads, legally) evades so many people.
And every year I despair of how such a simple concept (it's dark, you must have standards-compliant lights on the vehicle to use the roads legally) evades so many people who think that any old junky dazzling lights will make you legal as long as some idiot considers them "effective" and it doesn't matter if the rear light is wagging on a saddlebag or signalling air traffic from a backpack instead of being on the bike, as long as it's "effective"

Randy Butternubs

Über Member
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring...rs-more-likely-to-be-involved-in-crashes.html

"During daylight hours, black cars were up to 12 per cent more likely be involved in crashes than white vehicles, while at dawn and dusk, the figure rose to 47 per cent."

All car colours other than white, yellow and gold should be banned. All cyclists must dress up as space lemons.

Or, y'know, people could just look where they're going.

Last edited:
Top Bottom