Just back from A&E

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I throw up violently if I take morphine. I discovered this after a Hernia operation and nearly burst my stitches.

Shame.

I spent about 3 weeks off my head on it. Quite good actually as those 3 weeks passed quickly and I didn't really care that I was nearly in intensive care (docs came to me. Its a bit strong if you need to be out of bed)

Jody

Stubborn git
That's rubbish. Hope you GWS and have a speedy recovery

Globalti

Legendary Member
Oh dear, how familiar all this sounds. Having done the same in August I'll say:

1 - The jury is still out on whether ibuprofen hinders recovery by suppressing the body's natural response to a break, which is local bleeding (explains the hot). The clot of blood forms into a callus, which forms into bone. After my plating op 3 months ago I did not take ibuprofen, I stuck with paracetamol.

2 - Codeine is horrible, your friend is paracetamol, take 1 gm every five hours and don't allow the level to drop. Keep a log to help you remember.

3 - If after a week the ends of the bone have not met up, get it plated because they ain't going to meet no matter how gung-ho your orthopedic surgeon. The longer you leave it the more the bone ends will go to sleep and be difficult to re-start.

Bad luck, I know exactly how you are feeling now. Read my post in Health for my experience: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/anybody-had-a-broken-collar-bone-that-wouldnt-knit.241484/

Levo-Lon

Guru
You have my sympathy..
Very painful injury that one.

If it's not being plated you will be off the bike for a while.. Go real steady for a bit

Top Bottom