Just back from A&E

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theloafer

Legendary Member
Ouch! Hope you're well soon.:hugs:

FishFright

More wheels than sense
I took three codeine tabs and by day two I was blocked solid. I also had a massive depressed downer for an hour after taking the third so I gave the rest back to the chemist.

For two weeks after the break I took ibuprofen without food, against the advice. Drank some orange juice and had a huge attack of indigestion so reckoned the ibuprofen was burning a hole in my stomach wall and stopped. Paracetamol is a very good drug, cheap if you buy own-brand, not harmful if you don't overdose and effective if taken at regular intervals.

It's interesting how opioid painkiller has very different effects on different people, I get along a little too well with codeine so have to be careful about having them to hand.

chewbaker

Regular
I took three codeine tabs and by day two I was blocked solid. I also had a massive depressed downer for an hour after taking the third so I gave the rest back to the chemist.

For two weeks after the break I took ibuprofen without food, against the advice. Drank some orange juice and had a huge attack of indigestion so reckoned the ibuprofen was burning a hole in my stomach wall and stopped. Paracetamol is a very good drug, cheap if you buy own-brand, not harmful if you don't overdose and effective if taken at regular intervals.

I was prescribed Omeprazole to counter the digestive issues from the brufen...

D

Deleted member 1258

Well I came off the bike this morning on my way to work, straight over the bars and broke my collarbone.

Got a taxi to hospital and was dealt with pretty quickly by the excellent staff. They've decided at this point that it doesn't need surgery and I have to see if it will knit itself. I've an appointment for next Wednesday but should go back sooner if I notice it 'tenting'.

Luckily I was less than a hundred yards from the house so I was able to get the bike back up the hill and into the garage. I haven't given it a proper look yet but I think it's ok, thanks for asking.

I'm rather concerned about how I'll make my loafs at the weekend. Should I let my wife do it under close supervision?

:hugs: Heal quick my friend.

dhd.evans

Veteran
Well I came off the bike this morning on my way to work, straight over the bars and broke my collarbone.

Got a taxi to hospital and was dealt with pretty quickly by the excellent staff. They've decided at this point that it doesn't need surgery and I have to see if it will knit itself. I've an appointment for next Wednesday but should go back sooner if I notice it 'tenting'.

Luckily I was less than a hundred yards from the house so I was able to get the bike back up the hill and into the garage. I haven't given it a proper look yet but I think it's ok, thanks for asking.

I'm rather concerned about how I'll make my loafs at the weekend. Should I let my wife do it under close supervision?

Looking forward to the footage but otherwise GWS and get back on the horse ASAP!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I punctured my lung so was kept in hospital for 2 nights (sounds far more dramatic than it actually was). Happened on a Wednesday. Following Thursday I went back to work but avoided rush hour tubes for a week so was a short day.

It was fine but sleeping and washing was a pain. Mostly due to breaking ribs as well as collarbone. There’s ways of dealing with either individually but combined was hard.

What the hell was your butler doing during this time? Sleeping and washing ones master come under butler duty.

ianbarton

Veteran

Ouch! Hope you get over it soon. If you take codeine to ease the pain, be aware it reduces the peristalsis in your colon, which might make you constipated.

Top Bottom