Landslide - Approximately as tough as a Range Rover's windscreen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
I discovered this on Sunday morning, when through a (highly uncharacteristic) lapse in observation, I pulled out in front of said vehicle.:biggrin:
Me - torn thigh muscles and knee ligament, garnished with various minor grazes.
Range Rover - cracked headlight and windscreen (and no doubt a very shocked driver).
Alas, it turns out my beloved Bob Jackson wasn't so durable, and is a complete write-off.:biggrin:

I feel:
Stupid - I really should have seen the car.
Sorry - I must have given the driver the scare of their life, my girlfriend arrived in A+E to find me strapped down with a head/neck brace arrangement going on (thankfully only precautionary as it turned out), and my parents must have been super freaked out when I told them later on.
Gutted - my poor bike - picked by and built for me...

But mostly... Really, really relieved and lucky. To have come out of a head-on collision so (relatively) unscathed. My (two-rides-old) helmet did its job and I suspect that all that aikido training made for a relatively relaxed landing.

Off to the hospital again this afternoon, so I should have a better idea of healing times etc. At least I can hobble about the house on crutches for now. Plus I've enough spares to build up another bike until I can save up for a replacement. I was looking for a cheap frame on ebay last night, but my girlfriend's insisting I get what I really want rather than make do.:biggrin:

Anyway - the moral of this story, stop look and listen!:biggrin:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Get better soon! :biggrin:

domtyler

Über Member
SMIDSY!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

A bloody Range Rover as well? How the f*** did you miss that? :biggrin:

Glad your [kind of] okay, still alive etc., forget the bike man, it's just bits of metal and plastic and can easily be replaced, Landslide can't.

And we want pictures!! :biggrin:

OP
OP
Landslide

Landslide

Rare Migrant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ouch - got some spare specs if you need them !!!!

Get well, get looking, get a new bike - will the house insurance not cover it - it was an accident after all....

longers

Legendary Member
Ouch! :sad:

Glad it wasn't worse. Hope you mend soon.

Your girlfriend sounds great - get what you want? :ohmy:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Lucky it was one of thos Euro-NCAP compliant plastic-fronted Chelsea things, not a real Land Rover.

OP
OP
Landslide

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Thankyou all for your kind words and advice! I'm just back from the hospital, and they're happy that it's nothing more than bruising (and maybe a tiny bit of ligament damage) that'll clear up on its own. Phew!:blush:

In keeping with my current lucky streak, I'm gonna hobble up to the shops tonight and put some numbers on the lottery! :biggrin:

Top Bottom