Leeds-Scarborough 30 September 2017: The White Rose Classic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wanda2010

Guru
Nickyboy, I can't remember if I confirmed my joyful :whistle: presence on this ride or not , but I'm going to have to withdraw on the grounds that beloved non-cycling friends have yet to set (a) date(s) for their birthday celebrations.

:sad:

Hang on! I think I can make this. Earlier today a date for birthday celebrations was set. Lemme go check trains etc and I'll come back.

Freds Dad

Veteran
I haven't because I need to be back in Dewsbury by 9am Sunday morning and I'm awaiting an operation.

Put me down as a "maybe" because I'd need to ride back home afterwards or catch the train. What's the estimated arrival time in Scarborough, which I'd add a couple of hours to! @Freds Dad - which train did you book please?

I booked the 18.50 from Scarborough to Manchester airport with a change at York and booked a bike space on both trains. Cost was £15.50

I will also be booking from the airport to Leeds on Saturday morning arriving at 08.17 for the princely sum of £7.20.

Have I read somewhere in the thread that someones wife will be carrying bags to Scarborough?

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I booked the 18.50 from Scarborough to Manchester airport with a change at York and booked a bike space on both trains. Cost was £15.50

I will also be booking from the airport to Leeds on Saturday morning arriving at 08.17 for the princely sum of £7.20.

Have I read somewhere in the thread that someones wife will be carrying bags to Scarborough?

1850 is a good choice. The station is only about 10 minutes ride from the chippy. So either we get a headwind, in which case you eat the fish and chips and get off, or you get a tailwind which will give time for a couple of beers near the station

I think @doughnut 's wife is very kindly offering to transport bags but hopefully he can confirm. Usual rates apply......1 bag carried = 1 drink or kebab (Mrs D's choice)

wanda2010

Guru
Having checked out the cost of the train from Scarborough to London, I'm now a definite 'not going on this ride'. The cost is too high. Sorry.

Buck

Guru

I'm on the same train ! Coach C I recall.

Just booked my ticket and reserved my bike space as well. Straight through to Huddersfield then I can either choose to get the local train home or do another 8 miles up the hill and home! (I'm sure the train will call especially after fish and chips plus a cheeky beer or two!)

doughnut

Veteran
I'm not 100% yet, but if I'm going then my wife will be dropping me off at the start and driving though to Scarborough, so she can carry anyone's bags. I will post a bit closer to the time about arrangements.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I'm not 100% yet, but if I'm going then my wife will be dropping me off at the start and driving though to Scarborough, so she can carry anyone's bags. I will post a bit closer to the time about arrangements.

Even if you can't make it could Mrs D come anyway? Just mention the bag carrying payment in beer and kebabs, that should do the trick :okay:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I am not making any plans for the return trip. Having taken the monumental step of actually booking some accommodation I am going to wing it for the return leg. If in a fit state I will attempt to ride home. If this is not an option I will open a vein and allow transpennine to bleed me dry or ring Lady Skol and invite her to lunch at ASK in the harbour ^_^

Wobblers

Euthermic
I am not making any plans for the return trip. Having taken the monumental step of actually booking some accommodation I am going to wing it for the return leg. If in a fit state I will attempt to ride home. If this is not an option I will open a vein and allow transpennine to bleed me dry or ring Lady Skol and invite her to lunch at ASK in the harbour ^_^

In the harbour?!? That seems a little ungrateful, after all she'll just have driven all the way over to pick you up.

Besides, you'll still be hungover so you'll probably be the one needing to be fished out... :tongue:

si_c

Guru
FFS, just looking at trains now, Lime Street in Liverpool is closed from the 30th September for 9 days, meaning it's going to be yet another train f*ck up for me again.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
In the harbour?!? That seems a little ungrateful, after all she'll just have driven all the way over to pick you up.

Besides, you'll still be hungover so you'll probably be the one needing to be fished out... :tongue:
Trust me, having dined there before, it ticks all the boxes and presses all the right buttons for Lady Skol. I may even need that hotel room for a second night (after I have finished with @rich p ) ;)

Top Bottom