Leeds-Scarborough 30 September 2017: The White Rose Classic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I thought it meant smiling.
This is Wobblers you are talking about, remember?

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
@nickyboy Only thing is, I've found that we've got beam time scheduled for September.....
I thought "beam time" meant you'd taken up gymnastics
I thought it meant smiling.
I thought he'd missed the 'r' out and was a secret fisherman.

Surely he means bean time, after the Llandudno trips he is hatching a plan to guarantee a tail wind.... :stop:

Wobblers

Euthermic

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Ping Ping !!

Here's everyone I can think of that has done a Llandudno or Scarborough ride that hasn't officially "Expressed Interest"

I haven't because I need to be back in Dewsbury by 9am Sunday morning and I'm awaiting an operation.

Put me down as a "maybe" because I'd need to ride back home afterwards or catch the train. What's the estimated arrival time in Scarborough, which I'd add a couple of hours to! @Freds Dad - which train did you book please?

si_c

Guru
Surely he means bean time, after the Llandudno trips he is hatching a plan to guarantee a tail wind.... :stop:
Needs to
I haven't because I need to be back in Dewsbury by 9am Sunday morning and I'm awaiting an operation.

Put me down as a "maybe" because I'd need to ride back home afterwards or catch the train. What's the estimated arrival time in Scarborough, which I'd add a couple of hours to! @Freds Dad - which train did you book please?

I was pretty much the last one to the chippy and I got in a little before 1700, as I had a very leisurely last run from Malton to Scarborough after being abandoned by everyone else at the coffee stop.:gun:

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey

As always it is a bit weather dependent

I'd say the earliest with a nice tailwind would be about 4.30pm to the chippy. Latest if we're unlucky enough to get a headwind on the day would be about 6pm. I can't remember exactly but I think we got there from about 4.45pm last year and other than the last 10 miles or so, we took it very steady

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Needs to

I was pretty much the last one to the chippy and I got in a little before 1700, as I had a very leisurely last run from Malton to Scarborough after being abandoned by everyone else at the coffee stop.:gun:

I don't remember that

We were in a big group going along Low Mariches Lane (that long,flat, quiet lane not long after Malton) and going very steadily. Surprised you didn't catch up given your speed. You must have stayed in the café a lot longer than most !

doughnut

Veteran
after being abandoned by everyone else at the coffee stop.:gun:

Yeah, I think the problem was when we stopped for a quick coffee and cake and you ordered one of these all for yourself.
96c00039a62f00a4f4d.jpg

And you know those pink ones with the white icing are my favourite, and I'd promised to be your BFF if you wanted to share, but no you ate the lot yourself while we set off in a big sulk.

wanda2010

Guru
Nickyboy, I can't remember if I confirmed my joyful :whistle: presence on this ride or not , but I'm going to have to withdraw on the grounds that beloved non-cycling friends have yet to set (a) date(s) for their birthday celebrations.

:sad:

Top Bottom