Leeds-Scarborough 30 September 2017: The White Rose Classic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
too far away for now but a definite maybe from me.

It's not that long off....Advance tickets will open up in a few weeks

OP - please accept my apologies but having just tried to book this onto the family calendar I've been mysteriously informed that I need to keep that weekend clear and book the Friday off work. So I'm going to have to cry off this time. Hope you all have a great ride, and that it goes ahead again next year.

si_c

Guru
Put me down for a maybe definitely.

Would it be worth pinging the regulars @nickyboy? I hadn't seen this thread until just now when I started to think about plans for september, so there are probably others who haven't either.

mike3121

Bad news its a 99% chance I wont be able to make this ride, If I win the lottery and leave my job I will be there.

Good news is if the ride next year is approx. same date, which would be 29th Sep 2018 then I can make that one as I'm not on shift that weekend :smile:

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Bad news its a 99% chance I wont be able to make this ride, If I win the lottery and leave my job I will be there.

Good news is if the ride next year is approx. same date, which would be 29th Sep 2018 then I can make that one as I'm not on shift that weekend :smile:

No problem Mike. I'll leave you on the "expressions of interest" on the 1% chance you might make it

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Hi @nickyboy what time are we expected to arrive in Scarborough?

The ride is about 17 miles shorter than Manchester - Llandudno but we set off an hour later so that just about balances out

Headwind....similar arrival time

But we had a tailwind the whole way (given we're heading NW there is a pretty good chance in September) and arrived at the chippy about 4.45 if I remember correctly

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Is it time yet? :hyper:

This is taking forever! We still have the rest of July and all of Aug & Sept to go yet. This is going to be a loooonnnng couple of months........

Have patience, grasshopper

In other news....the take up of this ride seems a bit tardy, I think some folk said they were generally interested, then didn't confirm when I fixed the date. I'll ping them and a few of the Llandudno or Scarborough regulars as not everyone is all over CC all the time

Freds Dad

Veteran
I've just had an email to inform me that cheap train tickets are available from Scarborough back to Manchester if you are coming back that way.
I've just booked back to Manchester airport for £15.50

Top Bottom