Leeds-Scarborough 30 September 2017: The White Rose Classic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
and a discussion with the consultant I unfortunately will have to withdraw from the ride as he is concerned that 80 miles of cycling may not be the best thing for my damaged knee and I don't want to be in a position where I am slowing others down.
Yeh but, he probably thinks 80 miles is a long way rather than a pleasant afternoon ride. Are you sure you can't pump yourself full of painkillers and enjoy the ride anyway? I did the Llandudno ride very shortly after cracking my knee cap a couple of years ago so anything is possible. I am resisting asking for your train ticket because I am determined to make my own way home on the day after (is your return ticket for Sunday?).

wanda2010

Guru
*Waves with sympathy at @Freds Dad*

Whilst I'm at currently at home feeling sorry for myself (virus), I have a room booked for the Sunday at the local Travelodge if anyone wants it. I may have booked the wrong date then had to extend it cos couldn't cancel :banghead::rolleyes:

Freds Dad

Veteran
Yeh but, he probably thinks 80 miles is a long way rather than a pleasant afternoon ride. Are you sure you can't pump yourself full of painkillers and enjoy the ride anyway? I did the Llandudno ride very shortly after cracking my knee cap a couple of years ago so anything is possible. I am resisting asking for your train ticket because I am determined to make my own way home on the day after (is your return ticket for Sunday?).

The strong pain killers I take do the job but make me a bit dizzy so taking them then riding a bike may not be the best thing to do but thanks for the suggestion.
Both train tickets are for Saturday. 07:05 from the airport and 18:50 from Scarborough.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Are we stopping in the same places as last year Nick , Cawood Park , Yorkshire tea rooms & North Bay Fisheries , or have you got different ones planed

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Are we stopping in the same places as last year Nick , Cawood Park , Yorkshire tea rooms & North Bay Fisheries , or have you got different ones planed

Plan is to stop at the same places. No real option re Cawood Park, there is nothing else for miles. North Bay Fisheries does v nice fish and chips. The only one we could change if folk wanted to is the Yorkshire Tea Rooms. There are several other options in Malton. I've not tried them but I remember @Julia9054 went to another café so perhaps she could comment?

si_c

Guru
Yorkshire tea rooms were fine i thought , and somewhere to stick the bikes around back .
Yep. Food was nice and they were very accommodating.

Julia9054

Guru
IMG_2714.JPG

Can't remember what the cafe we went to was called. They let us take our bikes into the bar. Not sure how they'd feel about ALL our bikes though!

si_c

Guru
Just in the process of organising my train tickets for this jaunt (I know, I know, late), the best option for me currently would be the 7.00 from Liverpool South Parkway, which would get me to Leeds for 9.10, the problem is around the works at Lime Street in Liverpool, which means I can't take a direct train I have to change twice to get there.

Just wondering if anyone else is getting the train to leeds (looking mostly @Crackle) from Liverpool and which train they may be getting.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Just in the process of organising my train tickets for this jaunt (I know, I know, late), the best option for me currently would be the 7.00 from Liverpool South Parkway, which would get me to Leeds for 9.10, the problem is around the works at Lime Street in Liverpool, which means I can't take a direct train I have to change twice to get there.

Just wondering if anyone else is getting the train to leeds (looking mostly @Crackle) from Liverpool and which train they may be getting.
My Network Rail app shows the 06:59 from Parkway getting in to Piccadilly at 07:41, and change for the 07:57 to Leeds, arriving 08:46. The direct train from Parkway at 07:25 gets into Leeds at 09:09.

si_c

Guru
My Network Rail app shows the 06:59 from Parkway getting in to Piccadilly at 07:41, and change for the 07:57 to Leeds, arriving 08:46. The direct train from Parkway at 07:25 gets into Leeds at 09:09.
Cheers Colin, I'll have a think, from one side I'd rather get there a touch earlier to be on the safe side, the problem is getting to Parkway in time, I may just have to get up early enough to ride there direct, it's only about 10miles or so.

Top Bottom