Left turn alarm on lorries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
*by "idiots" I mean cyclists and lorry drivers; there are idiots in both camps. Not pointing the finger at any one group in particular ...

The point this misses is that cyclists, idiotic or not, don't kill and main lorry drivers. Lorries and their drivers continue to kill and maim cyclists (and pedestrians), idiotic or otherwise.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
I see you are just trolling, and beneath contempt, so I'll not bother with you any more.
To tell the truth is to troll. You're just a car hating cyclist. You have told me nothing, because you have nothing to offer. Perhaps try another thread where you may be of some service?

Origamist

Legendary Member
If you don't ride up the inside of HGV's you won't get squashed. What part of that don't you get?

I see you are making no attempt to support your view that 9/10 cyclists are to blame for being injured. That is a relief, as it is embarrassing when people whose views are based on ignorance and bias try to substantiate an idiotic claim.

Are you aware that there are many different collision types involving cyclists and HGVs? Have you read any of the literature published by TRL and TFL on the subject? I'm guessing not. I'd recommend looking at the topic in more depth and try to stop pretending that you know what you are talking about.

Finally, you are not voicing "unspeakable truths" - they are ill-informed opinions that are offensive to many people.

Last edited:

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
I see you are making no attempt to support your view that 9/10 cyclists are to blame for being injured. That is a relief, as it is embarrassing when people whose views are based on ignorance and bias try to substantiate an idiotic claim.

Are you aware that there are many different collision types involving cyclists and HGVs? Have you read any of the reports published by TRL and TFL on the subject? I'm guessing not. I'd recommend looking at the topic in more depth and try to stop pretending that you know what you are talking about.

Finally, you are not voicing "unspeakable truths", but ill-informed opinions.
So....what part don't you get?

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
2833194 said:
You made the assertion that 90% had themselves to blame. Back it up, apologize, or !@#$ off.
Back it up? You only have to watch what some stupid people do on the road. You're obviously another "get out the way world" I'm a cyclist merchant.
What swear word was that? I have noted the spelling though....Thanks

theclaud

Openly Marxist
. The cost of sensors to tell the driver a cyclist is riding up the inside is, I understand, £600. It is the same cost to put the audible alarm on. So if you're going to spend £600 putting equipment on lorries, it seems sensible to me that you would consider all angles and choose the most appropriate for your £600.

Quite. In an either-or scenario, sensors are the better option, because they place the responsibility where it belongs - on the operator/s of the vehicle posing the threat. My main objection to alarms is that they do exactly the opposite, and endorse the principle that it's OK to bring anything, however dangerous, onto a public road as long as it is shouting "GET OUT OF MY WAY!" loudly enough. That and the fact that there's already too much unpleasant vehicle-related noise in our lives. I'd be surprised if anyone hears a left-turning-lorry alarm over the near-constant and entirely pointless wailing of car alarms (which should obviously be banned).

Top Bottom