Levi commuter Jeans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
erm...joke :whistle:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
unfortunatelyI've tried a pair of these on, and they don't actually come in a cycling cut. Big thighs and a small waste is not great for buying trousers.

OP
OP
Portableaj

Portableaj

unfortunatelyI've tried a pair of these on, and they don't actually come in a cycling cut. Big thighs and a small waste is not great for buying trousers.
i happened to try them on today and fitted perfectly so comfortable

vickster

Legendary Member
i happened to try them on today and fitted perfectly so comfortable

Gaz cycles a lot, I suggest he may have chunkier thighs than you if not yet cycling...and we are all built differently

If you like them so much and they fit, and do what you want for the bike, school, whatever and you can afford them, why not just go for it :smile:

You did ask for peoples' opinions, and on a cycling forum, most people would recommend lycra over jeans, even if they are marketed at cyclists :smile: But it's you wearing them, and I reckon your school mates will think you a lot cooler if you rock up in jeans, than skin tight lycra shorts that don't hide very much

OP
OP
Portableaj

Portableaj

Gaz cycles a lot, I suggest he may have chunkier thighs than you if not yet cycling...and we are all built differently

If you like them so much and they fit, and do what you want for the bike, school, whatever and you can afford them, why not just go for it :smile:

You did ask for peoples' opinions, and on a cycling forum, most people would recommend lycra over jeans, even if they are marketed at cyclists :smile: But it's you wearing them, and I reckon your school mates will think you a lot cooler if you rock up in jeans, than skin tight lycra shorts that don't hide very much
im not trying to be pedantic i said opinions on cycling jeans not standard jeans most people think who were commenting though they are made in the same why as jeans

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
im not trying to be pedantic i said opinions on cycling jeans not standard jeans most people think who were commenting though they are made in the same why as jeans

I am aware of what they are like, I still don't think much of them. If you are wanting to look casual but have the comfort of cycling gear, wear a pair of bib's under your jean's.

However, spend your cash on whatever makes you happy.

OP
OP
Portableaj

Portableaj

I am aware of what they are like, I still don't think much of them. If you are wanting to look casual but have the comfort of cycling gear, wear a pair of bib's under your jean's.

However, spend your cash on whatever makes you happy.
i was thinking about that how comfortable are they doing dat

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I have done plenty of miles with a pair of Decathlon bib shorts under jean's. I do that all of the time when doing utility miles (I did exactly that this morning actually). It is reasonably comfy and quite warm.

vickster

Legendary Member
I just wouldn't do it in the wet if you then need to wear the jeans all day!

I wasn't even aware that cycling jeans existed - how are they different? Padded? Stretchy with lots of lycra rather than denim?

OP
OP
Portableaj

Portableaj

I have done plenty of miles with a pair of Decathlon bib shorts under jean's. I do that all of the time when doing utility miles. It is reasonably comfy and quite warm.
ok im planning to get some decathlon clothes anyways which shorts do u have or recommend and how comfortable r they when riding them

vickster

Legendary Member
I edited my post.

Water resistant, maybe in a light shower, virtually nothing is truly water resistant in heavy rain (maybe waterproof trousers but then you boil)

I wouldn't get the cheapest decathlon shorts, £20ish is a decent budget price point, and yes, cycling shorts are comfortable or cyclists wouldn't be able to do 100s of miles in them - however, within reason, you do get what you pay for...oh and wear them commando but don't forget to put your pants in your bag for the rest of the day (I don't think you'll want to be dangly at school really - I am assuming you are a bloke)

Top Bottom