Levi commuter Jeans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
ok im planning to get some decathlon clothes anyways which shorts do u have or recommend and how comfortable r they when riding them

I have had these ones for several years, I find it hard to recommend from their current range because I am not familiar with them. The ones I had no longer even have any branding as it has all washed off. I would say don't buy their cheapest stuff, step up to the better stuff if you can, it will still be reasonably priced but is vastly superior quality wise! I now have a few pairs of vastly superior shorts so only use these Decathlon shorts under jeans for utility cycling.

I know cycling jeans are water resistant, but consider for a second that if you are commuting, will you actually be working in your jeans? If so, I imagine you are doing a more manual or less formal job, in which case do you really want to be wearing your £100+ cycling jeans anyway? If this is for weekend riding, just buy some lycra and have done with it. I wouldn't do a manual job in a pair of £100+ jeans any more readily than I would my £100+ bib shorts!

OP
OP
Portableaj

Portableaj

I have had these ones for several years, I find it hard to recommend from their current range. The ones I had no longer even have any branding as it has all washed off. I would say don't buy their cheapest stuff! I now have a few pairs of vastly superior shorts so only use these under jeans for utility cycling.

I know cycling jeans are water resistant, but consider for a second that if you are commuting, will you actually be working in your jeans? If so, I imagine you are doing a more manual or less formal job, in which case do you really want to be wearing your £100+ cycling jeans anyway? If this is for weekend riding, just buy some lycra and have done with it.
i was planning to buy them cheaply off ebay

vickster

Legendary Member
I know cycling jeans are water resistant, but consider for a second that if you are commuting, will you actually be working in your jeans? If so, I imagine you are doing a more manual or less formal job, in which case do you really want to be wearing your £100+ cycling jeans anyway? If this is for weekend riding, just buy some lycra and have done with it. I wouldn't do a manual job in a pair of £100+ jeans any more readily than I would my £100+ bib shorts!

I think the OP is still at school/college

Just buy the jeans and the bike, and get out on the roads :bicycle:

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod

Yup, I can get away with wearing black jeans for work. At the moment I cycle to work in gym shorts and change into black jeans, so as the temperature drops a pair of these jeans could cut out the need to change when I get to work.

What are your views on Levi commuter jeans

They're a bit expensive, I paid I think £12 for my last pair of jeans and £6 for my last pair of work pants (Matalan and George respectively), the arse is wearing a little thin on the George (1 year old, 5 days a week ride) but the jeans are going strong (7 years old, once a week ride).

OP
OP
Portableaj

Portableaj

They're a bit expensive, I paid I think £12 for my last pair of jeans and £6 for my last pair of work pants (Matalan and George respectively), the arse is wearing a little thin on the George (1 year old, 5 days a week ride) but the jeans are going strong (7 years old, once a week ride).
They are not the same as normal jeans

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I've spotted some of these jeans on ebay, they're seconds but a new pair would look like seconds after a few rides anyway!

I think cheap jeans are a false economy, I visit my local gentleman's outfitters and ask for 'black jeans that aren't flares' and am issued with black Levis with lycra in them. They're not the cheapest but they do last about three or four years at a guess. I only have two pairs of jeans, one for work and one for leisure.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod

I've just read your post properly, £12 for 7 years is awesome! Time for me to redress my jean buying theories :smile:

OP
OP
Portableaj

Portableaj

I've just read your post properly, £12 for 7 years is awesome! Time for me to redress my jean buying theories :smile:

I love Matalan lol!

I got two pairs at the time, I still wear both and although neither could be described as smart anymore (frayed around bottom of legs, faded etc) both stil fit and dont show my arse so I wear em! They are Matalan 'own brand' bought in the sale, something like this which are now only £10 (how does that work!) http://www.matalan.co.uk/fcp/produc.../68433&resultsPerPage=100&attrList=Dept,brand

Top Bottom