Local knowledge required please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iggibizzle

Longridge to broughton, to inskip, to poulton then straight down to blackpool tower from there. Preston is not a great spectacle. My beloved blackpool may be a 'dump' but the tower is a great finish line :cheers:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Ask @ColinJ about the best place to have a beer on the Blackpool front.

Don't go swimming though, you're likely to bump into a floating "Mersey trout".

OP
OP
themosquitoking
Thank you all for your help. Penistone is where the lady who inspired the ride lives and in Preston we'll be joining a load of other people who will be cycling the last leg into blackpool with us. The reason we're ending in Blackpool is the ride will be from the tower of London to Blackpool Tower for some reason.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Fawkin' 'ell! That's a fairly tenuous link!

Tower of London: 1000 year-old World Heritage building, still standing strong in the world's greatest city.

Blackpool Tower: 121 year-old Meccano construction, rusting inexorably back to iron oxide in a poxy provincial DSS doss-town.

OP
OP
themosquitoking
Fawkin' 'ell! That's a fairly tenuous link!

Tower of London: 1000 year-old World Heritage building, still standing strong in the world's greatest city.

Blackpool Tower: 121 year-old Meccano construction, rusting inexorably back to iron oxide in a poxy provincial DSS doss-town.
Blackpool council have promised to give it a lick of paint before we get there.

twinnies

Regular
Well OK; tea then.
Hi guys, T2T is my baby so be kind plus I'm a girl so might cry ;) We don't need to hit Preston, It's Lancaster we are picking up everyone for the last leg. We shall come over the Trough in to Lancaster, which is my playground then the back roads through Glasson into Blackpool. Why London Tower to Blackpool Tower....because everyone does London to Paris & I've always been a leader not a follower ;). I'm well aware that Yorkshire is going to be tough but hey it's not fun if it's easy! We will be leaving London Tower between 5am & 6am so guess it will be dark when we hit those big hills....always best not to see whats coming. Keep the feedback & suggestions coming as the route is only a rough copy There are 4 musts. Start/finish. Penistone & Lancaster, the rest is not set in stone.

OP
OP
themosquitoking
Hi guys, T2T is my baby so be kind plus I'm a girl so might cry ;) We don't need to hit Preston, It's Lancaster we are picking up everyone for the last leg. We shall come over the Trough in to Lancaster, which is my playground then the back roads through Glasson into Blackpool. Why London Tower to Blackpool Tower....because everyone does London to Paris & I've always been a leader not a follower ;). I'm well aware that Yorkshire is going to be tough but hey it's not fun if it's easy! We will be leaving London Tower between 5am & 6am so guess it will be dark when we hit those big hills....always best not to see whats coming. Keep the feedback & suggestions coming as the route is only a rough copy There are 4 musts. Start/finish. Penistone & Lancaster, the rest is not set in stone.
See, i knew i'd muck it up if i wasn't being supervised.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have a route from Towcester to the Trough of Bowland via Kenilworth, Coventry, Bakewell, Strines, Penistone, Hebden Bridge, and Whalley. It is pretty hilly but could be brought down off the hills between HB and Whalley to take the valley roads instead if you preferred that?

If you like the sound of it, I will edit my GPX files once I get back on my laptop later.

twinnies

Regular
I have a route from Towcester to the Trough of Bowland via Kenilworth, Coventry, Bakewell, Strines, Penistone, Hebden Bridge, and Whalley. It is pretty hilly but could be brought down off the hills between HB and Whalley to take the valley roads instead if you preferred that?

If you like the sound of it, I will edit my GPX files once I get back on my laptop later.
Oh yes please. I could stick it on my Garmin. Are you on Strava?

Top Bottom