Male hair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrB1obby

I love my 'goatee'. It's part of who I am and makes me different. I don't care what anyone thinks about it, I'm keeping it.

Although the only reason I have it is due to laziness, and then I kept being lazy over and over, so kept it.

Risex4

Dropped by the autobus
Im sure I've read somewhere that it is evolutionary and therefore to the female populas at large (at least historically) both are actually more attratcive in the truest sense.

As beards kick in during adolesence, they are a simple way of males signaling sexual maturity. Im guessing natural selection kicked into touch those completely incapable of growing beards long ago. Baldness is linked to some sex hormone or something, potentially the reduction of IIRC, which in turn is meant to signal a paternal maturity. Or this may just be guff that I trotted out in the pub one night which is now repeating on me as "knowledge", I forget which...:whistle:

Either way, I'll shave if I have to (work or whatever) as I think clean-shaven looks more professional, but otherwise let it grow.

As for baldness, as the sign behind the counter down the local chippy used to say- "God made only a few perfect heads; the rest he covered with hair."

colly

Re member eR
Most of the women with shaved heads that I've met are more interested in other women (with or without shaved heads) than men with shaved/bald heads!

Well living in Hebden Bridge I guess you would be in a good position to judge. :biggrin:

Keith Oates

Janner
I'm pretty much bald front and back and only have hair around the perimeter. However I got fed up going in for hair cuts and one day had a No1 cut all over. Most of the family liked it and so I've stayed with that for quite a while now and like the idea of not having to comb or dry it after each shower.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Generally, going bald does not make you more attractive to women, so why have certain hair follicles evolved to commit suicide?

Theorising here...

By the time most (I accept not all) men are going bald, they have already bred, and so Darwinism wouldn't rid the gene pool of baldness in old age!

Norm

Theorising here...

By the time most (I accept not all) men are going bald, they have already bred, and so Darwinism wouldn't rid the gene pool of baldness in old age!
Alternatively, we could look at the basic assertion in Yellow Fang's post that "going bald does not make you more attractive to women", and debunk it for the myth that it is.

However, given the link between baldness and testosterone, it isn't too surprising that the only "group" who consider that going bald is unattractive are males who have a full head of hair so we'll just put that down to jealousy. :giggle:

(Norm, noticeably bald at the age of 17) :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 1258

For the first time in more years than I care to think about I'm beardless, and I don't like it, I recon I look better with the beard.

jim55

Guru
my hair has always been fine and a bit wispy ,a while ago (prob about 35-im 43 now )i noticed it was receeding a bit ,so it was a no 1 over all of it ,and now i dont shave my face ,i just use the trimmer and its a no 1 all over face and head ,kinda stubble and suits the (lack of )hair

Francesca

at the end of the day guys, you are who you are, who gives a damm if you are baldy, bearded, long haired, look like a gorilla....so what!! Its not all about looks that a woman goes after a man you know...its who you are as a person that matters...nutters lol!!:hyper:

D

Deleted member 1258

Stick a picture up so we can have a vote on it! :thumbsup:

(How did it happen - did you get the trim setting wrong on your clippers?)

No I felt like a change, the funny thing was the MRS kissing me goodbye as I went out to work this morning and not noticing the beard had gone. :wacko:

Top Bottom