mini rant - inconsiderate cyclists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Linford

<rant>I expect it with kids, they seem to do it all the time, but I went into my newsagents this morning, and nearly tripped over this clunker MTB left sprawled out in the doorway as I left whilst the rider (a grown man) was in the shop buying his fags/paper/etc. Such incredibly bad manners that he couldn't lean it against the wall.
This old boy with a stick tried to follow me out of the shop, was a bit wobbly on his feet, and it became instantly clear that he didn't have the confidence to step over it...so had to wait for the idiot to finish buying his stuff go back out and move it. The bloke was well old enough to know better <rant>

zimzum42

Legendary Member
So pick it up for him and lean it against the wall?

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

Why do people automatically think the cyclist would give someone grief for someone moving a bike so an old fella could get by? Is it because the OP called the bike a'clunker'?

The area where the shop is, you don't touch anyones stuff unless you want a ruck. 7:15am in the middle of a council estate is not the time or place to try and educate someone on the finer points of good manners. I didn't get a proper look at his face apart from a few days of growth and head covered in a paint/plaster covered hoodie.....it would have ended up badly, and I use the place nearly every day.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
You could have just said to him, do you mind if I move your bike so this old man can get past. Regardless of what he looked like, you will find the majority of people are actually fairly stable, even the more hot headed ones, if you don't go wading in being provocative!

The fact you kept mulling it over until you got to a computer to post about it, suggests that it had quite a negative effect on you and your mood, something you ought to take responsibility for.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
The area where the shop is, you don't touch anyones stuff unless you want a ruck. 7:15am in the middle of a council estate is not the time or place to try and educate someone on the finer points of good manners. I didn't get a proper look at his face apart from a few days of growth and head covered in a paint/plaster covered hoodie.....it would have ended up badly, and I use the place nearly every day.

If everything is this scary, perhaps you should just stay under the kitchen table, wrapped in a copy of the Daily Mail for protection.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
So now it's easier to moan on the internet than to do a random act of kindness? How sad...

Of course it is easier, it is not always easy to be kind, it takes effort, but it does have a much more positive impact on your day!

It is not really any different to people looking the other way then remarking to friends about the incident as has always gone on, except now, there are more witnesses to the moaning!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

So he was wearing a paint/plaster hoodie (I like the hoodie & few days growth bit, that bit is straight out of the Daily Heil), so he was obviously a chap on his way to work, who probably wouldn't have minded you moving his bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom