Motivation for the weak willed snacker...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I made some great progress once LD1 kicked in (lock down one) and from March 1st to end May i managed to go from 85 - 75kgs. More time to ride, more time to prepare better foods etc, a simple eat less do more approach. Stayed at 75kgs (+/-) throughout the Summer but feel i'm on the edge of gaining some lard again due to:

Increased work load and less daylight hours = less riding
but mainly eating too much, especially snacks and bad stuff:ph34r:

My will power is shockingly low and no matter how much i convince myself to get back on the wagon as soon as i see a snack hanging around then i give in.....

Ideally i want to exit Winter at <75kgs and 70kgs would be perfect but i can see that not happening unless i conquer my weak willed snacking habits. The maths of eat less do more is fine by me but I'm struggling with the first part of the equation:hungry:

Having said that LD2 could soon be here so perhaps that's my chance to have another go at it.

How have others strengthened their will power, what motivated you enough to "just say no" (any Zammo fans:laugh:) and how do i go cold turkey on Wotsits and Penguins

All tips and tricks appreciated

vickster

Legendary Member
Don’t have the bad stuff in the house, drink lots of water, if need to snack, carrots, celery etc

I have the same issues when stuck in house, bored, working. My recent gain is due to no cycling since injury and now no gym, just super boring turbo for short periods as battered joints allow)

I dream of only being 75kg :laugh:

You could take up smoking of course as an appetite suppressant/ hand occupier (just not weed cos of the munchies) :biggrin:

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

Veteran
Yes need to reduce the snacks but with 4 children in the house it's a bit delicate, having said that they seem to eat more sensibly than i do:laugh: I can see the next 2 months being 100% WAH and there's good and bad in that.

PS: 75kgs i'm 3ft 9" (if only...):laugh:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I started because in January I tipped over 93kg after a very happy Christmas and knew I had to seriously lose weight. Mrs A_T has always kept to a sensible BMI of 22 but eats anything!
It started pretty slowly but during lockdown I promised myself to get out every day- I was determined to average 10000 steps a day which I've done so far- a mixture of regular rides and walking everywhere instead of getting in the car, I've finally got down to 79.5kg- the weight I was in my 20s which still gives me a real lift.

Keeping the regular exercise going [I've carried 140000 'surplus' steps forward from October so theoretically I can slob about til the 15th! :laugh:] means we have a varied mix of small/ sensible portions including fish and chips on Mondays, mini- Magnums through the week after tea and bramble crumble as a treat... I don't think we'll stop with the Saturday morning weekly Wii weigh-ins, it keeps us focused so we don't slip back up a bit too often!

Last edited:

Archie_tect

Do things that force you to move around the house. Going upstairs & forgetting what you've gone for until you get back down is handy.
Handy for what...

Archie_tect

I haven't got a trainer, and have resorted to jogging on the spot in the house a couple of times while something cooked in the oven for 30 minutes! I put my favourite 70/80s music on Spotify and keep going through each track- it soon passes!

vickster

Legendary Member
I haven't got a trainer, and have resorted to jogging on the spot in the house a couple of times while something cooked in the oven for 30 minutes! I put my favourite 70/80s music on Spotify and keep going through each track- it soon passes!
Unfortunately I can’t jog either! Or walk very far!

Top Bottom