MyCyclingLog down again?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

busdennis

Veteran
not been able to log into MCL for days, tried resetting password to get this error

MDB2 Error: unknown errorYou have been sent a new password. Please check your email.

I still get a new password generated but it don't work?

TimO

Guru
I just noticed that the Service Log won't work either. I wanted to record new tyres, and swapping over of pedals, but it doesn't seem to want to record anything, with the now familiar MDB2 Error. :sad:

Last edited:

potsy

Rambler
I just noticed that the Service Log won't work either. I wanted to record new tyres, and swapping over of pedals, but it doesn't seem to want to record anything, with the now familiar MDC2 Error. :sad:
Yeah I find that really useful too, shame.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I hadn't noticed that feature but I can see that it would be handy for keeping track of things like chain life etc.

I hope MCL stays up another month or so because it looks like I am finally going to achieve an MCL goal! I am currently at 90% of my 2014 target, 160 miles ahead. Barring illness, accident, or a freakishly bad premature winter, I should pass my target with a couple of weeks in hand.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Tbh the only thing better than the 3rd party efforts like ridewithgps.com or Garmin connect is, the shame ticker to try to motivate me. And the groups thing, though that doesn't seem to be updating my cc signature.

Ah well, not the end of the world I suppose.

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
Tbh the only thing better than the 3rd party efforts like ridewithgps.com or Garmin connect is, the shame ticker to try to motivate me. And the groups thing, though that doesn't seem to be updating my cc signature.

Just noticed the same for me too. Mileage on MyCyclingLog correct @ 9774 but ticker here is only showing 9200 ish.

I just noticed that the Service Log won't work either. I wanted to record new tyres, and swapping over of pedals, but it doesn't seem to want to record anything, with the now familiar MDB2 Error. :sad:

It is, especially with 3 bikes to keep track of.
If any of you are on strava then you could always use the service logs there as well/instead. Under bikes, if you click on each bike you can add in the components. It goes by date, so if you change something at the end of a day after a ride, put the following days date in otherwise it counts that change as having happened at 00:01 that day though it only makes the record of by a few miles

The old ticker is not updating, the new one is. I know this because I have dropped a place today. I would add the crying icon but for some reason unless I type out the code rather than adding the actual emicon it doesn't stay in the message and promptly gets deleted!

TimO

Guru
The old ticker is not updating, the new one is. I know this because I have dropped a place today. I would add the crying icon but for some reason unless I type out the code rather than adding the actual emicon it doesn't stay in the message and promptly gets deleted!
I don't know about the old one, but the new one is working, as long as it can occasionally manage to contact MyCyclingLogs. If it stops, and MyCyclingLogs appears to be working, poke me, and I'll look at it.

Unfortunately, the up/down movement is rather crudely just comparing the current UTC day (so midnight to now) to the previous day, so at the stroke of midnight it changes, and any rides added during the day can cause it to change. My intention is to make it compare the current 24 hours to the previous 24 hour period, whatever the current time is (but this isn't set in stone, feel free to suggest an alternative approach). I'll probably put in something to allow people to change what "day" means, so anyone not on the UK can adjust to another time zone, to suit their local day.

I don't know about the old one, but the new one is working, as long as it can occasionally manage to contact MyCyclingLogs. If it stops, and MyCyclingLogs appears to be working, poke me, and I'll look at it.

Unfortunately, the up/down movement is rather crudely just comparing the current UTC day (so midnight to now) to the previous day, so at the stroke of midnight it changes, and any rides added during the day can cause it to change. My intention is to make it compare the current 24 hours to the previous 24 hour period, whatever the current time is (but this isn't set in stone, feel free to suggest an alternative approach). I'll probably put in something to allow people to change what "day" means, so anyone not on the UK can adjust to another time zone, to suit their local day.
The reference to me dropping a place was nothing more than the fact that I am off my bike at the moment with a bad back and likely not to be out for a while but as an it engineer i do find it interesting to know how it works. :biggrin: thank you. :smile:

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
I don't know about the old one, but the new one is working, as long as it can occasionally manage to contact MyCyclingLogs. If it stops, and MyCyclingLogs appears to be working, poke me, and I'll look at
I'm thinking the ticker I have must be the old one as its not updated for some time. How would I switch to the new one?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm thinking the ticker I have must be the old one as its not updated for some time. How would I switch to the new one?

To use the new MCL ticker, edit your signature, select the icon on the right hand side to use BB editor and use this code:

Code:
[ATTACH=full]282963[/ATTACH]

Change "username" to your MCL username and 12345 to your mileage target.

Attachments

• ticker.php?user=username&group=cyclechat&distance=12345&units=b.png
    ticker.php?user=username&group=cyclechat&distance=12345&units=b.png
    869 bytes · Views: 0

TimO

Guru
... and units=k for km, units=m for miles, and units=b for both.

With the "b" option, there's a risk that the text may encroach on the bar, but the only easy solution to that, is to do less miles. :smile:

Top Bottom