Nearly wiped out a whole cycling club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
Just found the Ignore function :okay:

Kajjal

Guru
If you want to injured on a road bike go one on one with a car. Regardless of the niceties or otherwise there is a difference between confident and dangerous riding.

In mountain biking the equivalent is going on one with a horse or a tractor. It will not turn out well for you.

Mr Celine

Discordian
I've come around a blind corner on a roundabout many times to discover my route blocked by stationery traffic in the junction.

Stationary stationery traffic is even worse! ;)

article-0-14FA43A0000005DC-198_634x395.jpg

Tin Pot

Guru
I nearly wiped out a family of four at a bus stop today!

Then, I took the key out of the ignition, left the car on my driveway and cycled to my destination instead.

Phew, close call!

jefmcg

Guru
People who live in igloos live at the top of the planet, penguins at the bottom
Apparently there are penguins in the Arctic now, because people.

Tim Hall

Apparently there are penguins in the Arctic now, because people.
Some time ago Penguin wrappers had the rib tickler "Q: What do you call a penguin in the desert? A:Lost." My inner pedant started jumping up and down. Surely, I thought, the Antarctic can be classified as a desert, as it's a region of low rainfall. Anyhoo, I was pleased to see recently that there's now an alternate side splitter: "Q: What do you call 500 penguins in Trafalgar Square? A: Lost.". Phew.

martint235

Dog on a bike
No - read the original post. I don't have a problem with two/three abreast. It was the whole "pelaton" just pulling straight out onto the roundabout in front of me and causing cars to do emergency stops that was the problem.
The one, and only, time I went out with a club something similar happened. The front of the ride just pulled straight onto a roundabout ignoring the car coming from the right. To then make matters worse, because the lady driver of the car declined to stop to let the rest of the group onto the roundabout, she was subjected to torrents of abuse from the cyclists in front of me.

This, and the attitude of the ride leader when I rode up to be alongside him to tell him about this and why I wouldn't be continuing my ride with them, led me to write to the secretary of the club. "I wasn't there so I can't possibly comment. And it's more likely that the riders hurling abuse weren't actually from our club". Yes Gemini Bicycling Club, I'm looking at you here.

I've not felt the need to go out with a club since.

jefmcg

Guru
A truck driver is delivering some penguins to the zoo. But his truck breaks down in a dessert near the zoo. Luckily, a pickup truck soon comes by. The driver flags him down and hands him $300 saying, "Take these penguins to the zoo."

A few hours later he sees the same guy heading the opposite way with the penguins still in the back. He yells at the man, "You were supposed to take them to the zoo!"

The guy replies, "I did, but we had money left over so we're going to the movies."

Last edited:
Top Bottom