New NACA Log in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
so you posted two names just to make a point......lets just say a lot more than two was reporting people and a lot more were posting bad behavioural traits and lots of threads were locked for clean ups due to name calling and arguing.

but hey its ok, you all got your own site now, so lets hope they all go over there to stay.....then maybe the name calling, trolling and abusive behaviour will stop within CC itself.

Some people could start a fight in an empty room.

Drago

Legendary Member
Well, if someone is talking politics where they should not (and I'm not judging as I have no knowledge of this incident) then it's quite right it is reported.

Legitimately bringing infractions to the attention of mods is not bullying.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
so you think it got locked, because two people made reports......delusion is strong here
Yeah, it's not really because we made reports, even if the 15 reports a day was given as being too much workload for the moderators which was given as a reason for the shutdown.

It's really because there was that much shoot being posted that broke the published rules.

Personal attacks were by far the most of what I reported, but derailing and off-topicking were pretty rampant too, more than spam. Then there were quite a few people posting new threads with IMO-flamebait on stuff that already had open threads (so reported as a duplicate thread) or discussing moderation (including the old favourite "I just reported you :P" type stuff).

As for the other part of @jowwy's accusation, about people admitting bad behaviour, I plead not guilty by merit of only very rarely recently getting the "your post has been moderated" alerts, but I suspect probably means that either the rules weren't quite right or a lot of stuff didn't get reported!

Why's the new site not been announced in Site News? I know it will come as a shock to some, but I'm not actually subscribed to NACA (generally finding it by Recent Posts or New Threads) so this thread was the first I knew about it.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Well, if someone is talking politics where they should not (and I'm not judging as I have no knowledge of this incident) then it's quite right it is reported.

Legitimately bringing infractions to the attention of mods is not bullying.
LOL

Rocky

Hello decadence
Yes they did - @mjr said that he has made a lot of reports, and I think @Rocky also said he has reported people. As both explained, it was precisely what people were asked to do by the Mods, so it's hardly fair for those of us that took no notice of such a direction for one reason or another to have a go at those that were taking the roolz at face value.
I did report people. It was made clear by the Mods that we should do that rather than inflame discussions. I particularly reported fake news and conspiracy theories about Covid, which I see as incredibly dangerous.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
That was rhetorical - please don't tell me anything. :okay:
Just add * to your ignores, then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom