FNRttC Night ride to Whitstable, April 22nd, 2016 (Starting at Tower Bridge)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Enjoy the ride everyone! *deliberately ignoring the Victoria sponge comment* :sad:

I'll buy a cake for you at Eureka café on Saturday :okay:

TimO

Guru
This is a combination of several of the previous FNRttC rides to Whitstable. It's the most common route used, and does not necessarily include the halfway stop.

As stated above, all the other caveats apply, this is not the official route, the ride leader may or may not follow elements of it, and it may or may not still be appropriate to cycle along.

It does provide guidance for cycling overnight from Tower Bridge to The Waterfront in Whitstable, but that's all.

A possible FNRttC route from London Bridge to Whitstable

hqdefault.jpg

jiberjaber

Veteran
Is it similar to your Strava recce Tim?, I've used the reverse of that for a semi- route back towards London...

TimO

Guru
This will get you to Whitstable in an emergency, but we will be making a number of deviations from this route
No two FNRttCs are ever the same. I keep a route on the GPS for emergencies, and so that I have a vague idea how much further we have to go !

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
It's too late for tonight, but it occurred to me on the way into work yesterday that the Embankment isn't the only way to get to London Bridge from HPC - so it would be possible to avoid the roadworks. In particular, the route through Bloomsbury that we used for last Christmas's day ride (and is my route to work) is now fit for a nightride peleton in a way it wasn't 12 months ago.

I'll leave that thought with the management as they track eastwards tonight.

Top Bottom