FNRttC Night ride to Whitstable, April 22nd, 2016 (Starting at Tower Bridge)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
On my way. Just missed the 2138 service of choice so on the 2208, arrives Waterloo 2323. ETA Tooley St 2340.

TimO

Guru
That went a bit wrong. I left home later than I intended, so was already trying to rush, in the dark and rain and surprisingly busy late Friday night London traffic, and then got a flat. :sad:

By the time I'd sorted it out, I wasn't going to get to the start in time, and had forgotten to put Tim's number onto my phone. :cursing:

So, I turned around, and went back home.

Have fun, hopefully I'll have more success on the next one . . .

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
The reports over breakfast are getting more and more disappointing.

I shall have to post a photo of my own seaside breakfast if no-one pulls their finger out soon.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Pre-breakfast parkrun. Perfect view across the Bristol Channel to Devon. And a good buffet breakfast to finish, which I hoovered up. I'm impressed by Premier Inn. Really good quality for the price.

Attachments

• IMG_20160423_094334767_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160423_094334767_HDR.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 104

Tim Hall

Delighted to see @jefmcg maintaining the highest FNRttC standards
FSVO "highest". That looks like yellow beer to me. You know, the other sort.

ianmac62

Guru
Thanks, Tim! The Northampton contingent (Alex, Miriam and me) really enjoyed ourselves. Great ride! Great mid-way stop! Great beer & breakfast! Our no-show (James) is regretting it! Thanks again!

rb58

Enigma
Big thanks to @Trickedem and his band of helpers for organising and leading the ride. Any ride that doesn't go through Erith is a winner in my book! And despite all our fears, the weather was pretty good - even the rain stopped after the first fifteen minutes or so. Although I did take a pounding from a hail shower around Higham on my ride back home! We even got a sunrise.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Excellent ride - thanks to all concerned. To Tim and his nocturnal charitable cake volunteers, and to everyone who made the ride work - waymarkers, TECs, all-uppers and so on. I keep thinking I should volunteer for some waymarking, but every time I try to make it to the front something happens - a hill, some traffic lights, me being too slow etc.

I had a very pleasant (if somewhat hillier) ride back through Faversham, Lenham, Yalding (cup of coffee in the George) Plaxtol, then Bat and Ball, where the lure of a direct train home and a hot bath overcame me..

Thanks again.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Thanks @Trickedem , another successful FNRttC. Being the magician that he is, he managed to magic the rain away just as we left Potters Field. Only having to deal with intermittent drizzle for a few minutes and staying away for the whole ride.bbbbbrrrrrrrr... it was cold though...throughout the night I was putting more and more layers on. Getting out of London is a right pain in the 'arris, but once done, the roads opened up and the ride stating moving along at a very reasonable pace. The sunrise... absolutely glorious....

20160423_055617.jpg

20160423_054709.jpg

20160423_085408.jpg

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Apparently there is a ride leaders "curse" at the mid way stop we are reminded to check our tyres...................

Thanks, Tim! The Northampton contingent (Alex, Miriam and me) really enjoyed ourselves. Great ride! Great mid-way stop! Great beer & breakfast! Our no-show (James) is regretting it! Thanks again!

As the sun rose it revealed a gorgeous Roberts Roughstuff ridden by Miriam? looking brand new but was 11 years old and has been on tour in various countries. Excellent.

Thanks Tim great ride and happy birthday Jenny

Top Bottom