FNRttC Night ride to Whitstable, April 22nd, 2016 (Starting at Tower Bridge)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TimO

Guru
Well done @User... I'm still expecting a phonecall from someone at HPC wondering where everyone is

It would make for a fun 4 mile dash across London though. :ohmy: :laugh:

The weather appears to have reverted to a slightly damper forecast, but a lot could yet change, before Friday night.

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
Judging by this object in the sky, it must be nearly time
View attachment 125526

Great view from your office today.........

jiberjaber

Veteran
Is anyone planning on riding back to London and if so, along same route or different?

I am weighing up options at the moment with half a plan to ride as far as a station on the route down (maybe Gillingham or similar subject to how I feel) and head to Victoria then ride up to Carshalton. Breaking in my B17 is proving to be a proverbial PIA.... lol

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Is anyone planning on riding back to London and if so, along same route or different?

I am weighing up options at the moment with half a plan to ride as far as a station on the route down (maybe Gillingham or similar subject to how I feel) and head to Victoria then ride up to Carshalton. Breaking in my B17 is proving to be a proverbial PIA.... lol

The SMRbtH always rides back. We basically follow the train line back to Rochester then on to Dartford, so plenty of bail out points for you.

Last edited:

StuartG

slower but further
The SMRbtH always rides back. We basically follow the train line back to Rochester then on to Daretfrod, so plenty of bail out points for you.

Rochester used to give you the round 100 miles. But now we are starting two or three miles down the road ...

Cafe Nero under The Shard in London Bridge Station is open till midnight. So sounds like the ideal meeting point for a pre ride coffee from 11pm.

If no one else turns up I will be there.
This is brilliant. I am always late for everything, so if I plan to meet for pre-ride coffee (and I have a full nero card!!) then I will probably be on time for the actual meeting time.

If I make it to pre-ride coffee, I expect applause. I will be using my code name "joan".

OP
OP
Trickedem

Trickedem

Guru
Rochester used to give you the round 100 miles. But now we are starting two or three miles down the road ...
If it helps. Rochester station has moved half a mile nearer to Londin

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life

Depends a bit on my appetite for this yellow liquid stuff in the morning. I usually at least ride to Faversham, but Rochester could be a plan.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Tempted to do another 30 miles or so to get another ton in (three more centuries will bring the Eddington number into three figures) but as I'll need to pick up the Honda from its service in the afternoon, sanity prevails. Those three tons will come soon enough.

Top Bottom