FNRttC Night ride to Whitstable, April 22nd, 2016 (Starting at Tower Bridge)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User10571

I remember that Southend ride...I was in the last contingent to get ferried across the Dartford crossing...we were frozen.
I also remember one when Steve was attempting to steal NSTN's banana (no that's not a euphemism). Not sure if that was the same ride but, thinking not as I recall being happy and warm then.
Gutted to realise I am fully booked next weekend from ages back. Dr Bike to do on Saturday morning in Deptford and our drop in workshop on Sunday. Very bad planning on my part. This is one reason, though, why my participation has lapsed. When you're involved in community bike stuff, a lot of that happens on a Saturday and Sunday. Must develop more proactive diary management skills.
Bognor. I Think.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Closing date will be Wednesday, when I need to finalise the catering arrangements.
It turns that I will be at the other end of the country after all, @Trickedem - so absent bilocation I won't be riding to Whitstable. I hope to find somewhere else to ride instead.

Have a great time, all - and wrap up warm.

martint235

Dog on a bike
If you consider a bit of light rain and 6 degrees to be bad weather for a night ride in April you had better stay at home.
The forecast was like that for the Southend ride and it was an excellent night, a bit of rain at the start but dry after.
Now down to 3C but possibly dry until SMRbtH. Still stroking chin.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
If you consider a bit of light rain and 6 degrees to be bad weather for a night ride in April you had better stay at home.
The forecast was like that for the Southend ride and it was an excellent night, a bit of rain at the start but dry after.

At the time of posting the forecast was for heavy rain on Friday night, the forecast for Saturday morning was not available the Met Office phone app. Looking at the main site it seems things have improved somewhat.

Edit: Precipitation probability is currently at 10% in the early hours of Saturday.

U

User10571

I'm out.
Work commitments prevent me from taking Friday off - which would mean a world of pain which I am not prepared to undergo.
Gutted.
I hope you all have a very fine ride.
The rain forecast?
No big deal. Really.
Pack your waterproofs and get on with it.
You'll live.
And have some fun!

Top Bottom