FNRttC Night ride to Whitstable, April 22nd, 2016 (Starting at Tower Bridge)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
There is (undated) photographic proof amongst the photos on the website.

I'm hoping we can tempt Emily Chappell back this year too. Recovery ride after the TransCon race, maybe? :okay:
Back? I might have ridden with That Emily as well? My word....

TimO

Guru
Which was?

To Southend on 18th April 2008. That was also NSTN's first ride, but she's given them up since.

I think that was Simon's last version of the route using the Dartford crossing, because they made such a hash of getting us across, even though he'd given them a vast amount of warning.

GPS Route on Bikely

TimO

Guru
I am in awe of anyone who actually maintains records of what they do for fun. I can't even maintain proper records of what I'm paid to do.
When I say records, I mean random GPS tracks (on various websites), blog entries, forum posts etc

TimO

Guru
Actually, I'm not sure that it was my first ride, after all. My records from that long ago are a bit random, as is my memory!

On reflection, this was my first FNRttC, and the only one I did whilst living in Streatham, a stone's throw away from Chez Simon ! Shortly after that, I moved further south, just to make sure I have to do an additional 10 miles (depending) on either end of the ride. :laugh:

And if I can make a slightly disgruntled comment (!) .... photos of both "celebrities" mentioned above are in the slideshow on the website's home page and have been since last August. Had no one noticed?
:tongue: :smile:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Registered, I'm not sure if I've paid though.

Edit: Looks like I paid on 24/11/15

Last edited:
OP
OP
Trickedem

Trickedem

Guru
Just to let you know that I did the recce ride last night. I will be sending out the details next week, once the weather picture looks clearer. We have a couple of changes to the route to avoid some roadworks, although this will probably avoid an extra hill. I have also identified a couple of stopping places that have loo facilities. This is for the ladies only, so we can avoid delays (the men can do what they usually do!).

saoirse50

Veteran
I remember that Southend ride...I was in the last contingent to get ferried across the Dartford crossing...we were frozen.
I also remember one when Steve was attempting to steal NSTN's banana (no that's not a euphemism). Not sure if that was the same ride but, thinking not as I recall being happy and warm then.
Gutted to realise I am fully booked next weekend from ages back. Dr Bike to do on Saturday morning in Deptford and our drop in workshop on Sunday. Very bad planning on my part. This is one reason, though, why my participation has lapsed. When you're involved in community bike stuff, a lot of that happens on a Saturday and Sunday. Must develop more proactive diary management skills.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
@Trickedem - what is the closing date? I'd hoped to be towards the other end of the country for the weekend, but it sounds as if that won't be possible now. I need a long ride in my system pretty soon, and the alternative (Manchester - Llandudno) is perhaps a bit too far to get to!

Top Bottom