FNRttC Night ride to Whitstable, April 22nd, 2016 (Starting at Tower Bridge)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I imagine the best start venue will be the open space infront of All Bar One.
Or the south side of London Bridge under the pointy spike thingy but that will be busy with city drunks trying to get home.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Was it a longish ride, in a longish country, a longish way away?
Sorry, I'm not allowed to mention it, because I keep going on about it.

TimO

Guru
I signed up for this ride, and paid my Fridays dues a few days back.

This will be four days and eight years since my very first FNRttC !

I think that was the third year of rides, Simon having started them two years prior to that. I don't know if there are any easily available records, since I believe that was before the days of CycleChat, and the demise of ACF resulted in the loss of any threads there.

My post on Facebook with a photo of my new FNRttC kit received this comment:

SteveAbrahamFBcomment160409.jpg

I have wondered if we'd ever see Steve back. Maybe this year? :smile:

Last edited:

kimble

Veteran
see comments (passim, other threads) about Paramo: proven waterproofness, breathability and hence desirability thereof. Ditto Rainlegs.

I remain sceptical, as rumours of breathable waterproofs could simply be a side effect of rich people not sweating as much...

I do however have form for rainlegs. They're excellent, at least until the knee flaps turn into aerobrakes above 30mph. There's a photo somewhere of Eric's statue wearing my rainlegs at the end of one of the Manchester-Morecambe rides.

Legend has it that my rainlegs are able to control the weather. Sadly, the effect has worn off along with the silicone coating in the crotch area.

I remain sceptical, as rumours of breathable waterproofs could simply be a side effect of rich people not sweating as much...
Kim, there is also the issue of fit/shape in the women's range. Based on our common experiences with a variety of brands, I don't think Paramo would work for either of us.
I do however have form for rainlegs. They're excellent, at least until the knee flaps turn into aerobrakes above 30mph. There's a photo somewhere of Eric's statue wearing my rainlegs at the end of one of the Manchester-Morecambe rides.
With everyone talking about rainlegs after Southend, I have just purchased some. Not yet used in anger but they look pretty clever.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
He has. The one that comes to mind was to Shoreham where the halfway stop as Paddington's house in Guildford. No idea when that was though.

One of the very early years.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
It was talking to Steve on my first FNRttC that introduced me to such concepts as Audax and YACF (and through that, this place). My archive tells me that was Felpham, August 2009.
I was on that one…didn't know his path had crossed with mine before.

Last edited:
Top Bottom