Non-Stick frying pans for camping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I can't recommend Tefal highly enough.. spend £10-15 on small frying pan or £15-20 on a large one, they'll last for years
Yes, you already said you like them. I don't think you can say for sure it'll last for years because it could be as fragile as mine was (it was one of the ones with the red circle in the middle with the lines that disappear when it is hot enough to fry) and fail as quickly as most other PTFE pans.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Yes, you already said you like them. I don't think you can say for sure it'll last for years because it could be as fragile as mine was (it was one of the ones with the red circle in the middle with the lines that disappear when it is hot enough to fry) and fail as quickly as most other PTFE pans.
yes you already said you don't like teflon ...must be three times lucky for me.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
PTFE on cookware for dry frying thick meat is potentially dangerous. The folk who make the pans get a regular health screening :sad:
Scrape it with a metal spoon it’s ruined. Bash it and it’s putting flakes of poison into your scrambled egg.
It is rubbish
Decent stainless pan and a good scourer. I’ve spent years cooking lunches for staff and trainees in remote places outdoors on gas, wood, meths with stainless

Nicely backed up with years of experience no doubt. If you’re right, giant companies like MSR, Tatonka etc are wrong. Or maybe you’re just bored and out for some inane trolling :okay:
I never troll, but thanks for thinking of me. I can back up my statements.

The fallacy you just committed is called appeal to authority.

I say stainless steel is a poor material for frying pans because of its poor conductivity. It doesn't spread the heat and gives you hot-spots that follow the shape of the heating element.

Further, once you've burnt the pan, the carbon ingress into the steel is noticeable as large black stains that cannot be scoured out.
Iron, doesn't do that and is a better conductor of heat.

Now, let's hear your defense of stainless steel. Or are you just thinking that MSR, Tatonka etc are preaching gospel?

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
I have this one, I've used it a handful of times and it still looks in super condition.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
I never troll, but thanks for thinking of me. I can back up my statements.

The fallacy you just committed is called appeal to authority.

I say stainless steel is a poor material for frying pans because of its poor conductivity. It doesn't spread the heat and gives you hot-spots that follow the shape of the heating element.

Further, once you've burnt the pan, the carbon ingress into the steel is noticeable as large black stains that cannot be scoured out.
Iron, doesn't do that and is a better conductor of heat.

Now, let's hear your defense of stainless steel. Or are you just thinking that MSR, Tatonka etc are preaching gospel?

Whatever. I’ve been cooking on stainless outdoors for twenty years. The OP asked for recommendations for cycle touring frying pan. That’s what I offered, with my experience. And you will note I added that cast is better. I’m sure your thighs are so Hoy-like that a one pound pan in each pannier is no sweat.

Whatever. I’ve been cooking on stainless outdoors for twenty years. The OP asked for recommendations for cycle touring frying pan. That’s what I offered, with my experience. And you will note I added that cast is better. I’m sure your thighs are so Hoy-like that a one pound pan in each pannier is no sweat.
When I call out your sarcastic comments, all you have is "whatever" followed by more sarcasm. I take it you dont understand the issue.

Top Bottom