Odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Shirley Temple was one of the original 8 wonders

Dave7

Legendary Member
Just sat here enjoying a glass of fresh orange juice (with vodka of course) while googling.
I found out that oranges were originally yellow. Serfs were continually getting confused and giving thier masters the wrong drink which resulted in them having there heads lopped off. Those in power, realising they were running out of serfs, issued a royal command and orange oranges were created.
True that.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Just sat here enjoying a glass of fresh orange juice (with vodka of course) while googling.
I found out that oranges were originally yellow. Serfs were continually getting confused and giving thier masters the wrong drink which resulted in them having there heads lopped off. Those in power, realising they were running out of serfs, issued a royal command and orange oranges were created.
True that.
They were originally called Noranges so people would ask for a Norange, language changed to their detriment and they lost the 'N'

classic33

Leg End Member
A pair of Queen Victoria's cotton pants with a 45in (114cm) waistband have been sold, in July 2015, for a "record breaking" £10,500 at auction in Wiltshire.

The pants, embroidered with the royal VR monogram were sold on behalf of Yesterday's World museum in Sussex.

Tora Edmonds, from Chippenham Auction Rooms, said: "We expected to get about £5,000, it's the most a pair of Queen Victoria's knickers have sold for".

In 2014, a pair of her silk bloomers sold at auction in Kent for £6,200.

In an earlier sale, a pair with a reputed 52 inch waist were sold at auction.

classic33

Leg End Member
National Chicken Wing Day - July 29th

They were invented at the Anchor Bar and Grill in Buffalo, NY in 1964 by Teressa Bellisimo. She served her creation as a late night snack for her on Dominic and his college friends. It immediately became wildly popular here. The recipe spread, and it rapidly became wildly popular in the United tates, and ultimately world-wide.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Dwarf ostriches are born in dwarf stars and migrate to Earth via light beams.

Top Bottom