Ortlieb panniers or ...?

Discussion in 'Touring and Adventure Cycling' started by Tim330, 18 Dec 2017.

1. Blue Hills

Blue Hills Guru

No need to spend that much. I have a few cubes and bought some more to use with the ortliebs, but now don't use them. They sure aren't going to stay anything like a cube once rammed into the panniers. I find various sizes of mesh bags with tops fastened with a cord and toggle far more practical and flexible. And way cheaper.

Heltor Chasca and User1252 like this.
  2. aegis

aegis Senior Member

[QUOTE 5154081, member: 45"]Cheap...

AmazonBasics Packing Cubes - Small, Medium, Large, and Slim (4-Piece Set), Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B014VBGUCA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_sT.HAb623KXFQ[/QUOTE]

But not as cheap as Ikea.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/...ravel/förfina-pack-bag-set-of-6-art-90328178/

3. Heltor Chasca

Heltor Chasca Out-Riding the Black Dog

I have a couple of Amazon’s cubes and they are great. However my old mesh kindling bags are even better. And they are orange. I like orange.

Blue Hills likes this.
  4. Kurious

Kurious New Member

Switching from the Karrimor Kalahari, I thought I would miss the external pockets, but not at all. I still take drybags to avoid damp contamination when throwing in damp stuff.
    Second the idea of gaffa taping any rubbing areas on the racks.
    Remained waterproof after a vicious fight with an Alp (the Alp won) although one detached completely from the rack & did some off-piste downhilling on its own.
    Tough old things.

5. Blue Hills

Blue Hills Guru

Which pannier?

Did it use the QL2 hooks where the insert goes in from the bottom?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice