Parking Stickers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A few months ago I moved to a new job and was told by my boss where the staff carpark was, and since this time I have used the carpark shown to me - this week I received a notice (inside a plastic bag) on my windscreen informing me that the carpark was only to be used be people who had a carpark pass, and that on this occasion I was being given a warning but in future I would get a sticker placed on the window of the driver-side window.

Now, it seems to me that this serves no purpose other than to annoy me due to having to spend time removing the sticker, or they want to obscure my vision on the drive home and endanger my life and that of others.

I am tempted to contact them and state "this time I am issuing with a warning, however if you do place a sticker on my window I shall throw a large rock through your office window during office hours"

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Seem's reasonable enough.

400bhp

Guru
How bizarre, they are warning you that they will put a sticker on your car in future.

I'd be worried, seriously worried:wacko:

Linford

Well they can't get the bloodsucking parasite clamping firms involved anymore so a sticker is not a massive hardship :thumbsup:

MrSheen and a dry cloth is very good at removing adhesive BTW.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Maybe they have given you the warning just now, as they reckoned you have had enough time to contact the appropriate department and get an 'official car pass'**, to be displayed in a prominent place on your vehicle, telling the Parking Attendants to Nob Off, as you are really permitted - and have even been invited to park your car there. :thumbsup:

**you could also discuss with them whether it is the 'car' or the 'pass' which is to be 'official' ... ;)

... or maybe it's their way of telling you to 'get on yer BIKE' ! :bicycle:

:laugh:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
where's the fun in that?!?
There isn't any ... :sad:

... unlike removing a sticky plasticky baggy thingy from the windscreen directly in front of you ... :whistle:

Now that's a barrel of laughs. :biggrin:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I've no idea about the law but I would have thought that it was illegal to make threats about vandalising your car and rendering it unsafe to use. I'd still go for a carpark pass, though I would also complain to your employers about this dubious practice.

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
I've no idea about the law but I would have thought that it was illegal to make threats about vandalising your car and rendering it unsafe to use. I'd still go for a carpark pass, though I would also complain to your employers about this dubious practice.

I shall be contacting them re the "threat" and also getting a pass (maybe - as I discovered that there is another staff carpark across the road which is within a shorter distance of my office than the one you need a pass for!)...it's all a load of nonsense tbh, like a "special car park privilege" is something to give a shoot about. I'd much rather they had proper facilities for cycling to work. Which I might also mention!

They stuck a notice on the wrong car! Grrrr :boxing::girl:

Top Bottom