Pedestrian called 999 to report me cycling on a cycle path...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
What's a racing bike?
A bike designed to be competitive in a race.

simonali

Guru
[QUOTE 5345781, member: 43827"]To such people, probably the majority of the country, if it's got drop bars it's a racing bike, if it's got big knobbly tyres it's a mountain bike. No problems.[/QUOTE]

My bike has drop bars and knobbly tyres. :smile:

I am not John Tomac, btw.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
What's a racing bike?

A bike designed to be competitive in a race.

What sort of race though? A track race? A mountain bike race? The Transcontinental Race? Just saying 'a racing bike' as a category is pretty meaningless.

To clarify for TMN.
A bike used for track racing is a track bike, for mountain bike racing it's a mountain bike, and for the Transcontinental, it's a road bike aka racing bike.
Let's hope that clears up the confusion.

D

Deleted member 26715

they are apparently just showing their age.
Are you against that as well now? Jeez give it a rest, unfortunately I cannot stop being male without surgery & even with that I can't stop myself getting older!

Serge

Über Member
[QUOTE 5345994, member: 43827"]Sweeping statements are catching!

My next door neighbour's ten year old son was very pleased with his new racing bike. I didn't want to piss on his chips by telling him that it wasn't a racing bike.[/QUOTE]
"piss on his chips", I love that saying.

classic33

Leg End Member
I remember that from when I was a kid, as soon as the first quote from @classic33 came along I was wondering what it advertised. The only memory was the boy riding off at the end and that line .
They don't make one of them anymore...

Peter James Armitage, born 26 January 1940 in Sheffield, West Riding of Yorkshire.

Last edited:
Top Bottom