People selling used cycle shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I think @Profpointy duff protest too much!

Seriously each to their own, maybe its how much I sweat in my bibs that put me off, but I am just bit squeamish about it. I hate public toilets for the same reasons really. Plus take a look at those to see mist blokes level of cleanliness!

to be fair, I've not bought 2nd hand cycle shorts/longs, but wouldn't be bothered if they were nearly new for (say) half price

Andrew_P

In between here and there
In someway I am a little envious of people who do not give a feck. My mate who is ex-army doesn't give a shoot about anything like this. My sheltered up bringing I suppose!

Plus what if the seller has fingernails like this what the fack are the shorts holding for me?!

dirty+nails.jpg

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
I know someone from another forum who advertised a pair or once/twice worn cycling shorts. He was sent a private message enquiring as to whether they were washed. Oh yes, was his reply.

He was offered more than the BIN price to, umm, "unwash" them. There are all sorts out there.

What about used bedsheets ?

No.

Never stayed in a hotel then?
Do you lot only sleep with virgins?! :whistle::laugh:

There are benefits in sleeping in a hotel or with someone that generally balance out the risks.

I personally don't get the same benefits from saving a couple of pounds by wearing someone else's shorts.

Andrew_P

All that fellow needs to do is make some pastry

LOL I once ordered a Bacon Sarnie form one of those roadside places many moons ago and when I noticed the blokes fingernails were grubby (not as bad as that) plant is hand in the blokes before Sarnie to cut it I upped sticks and left

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
LOL I once ordered a Bacon Sarnie form one of those roadside places many moons ago and when I noticed the blokes fingernails were grubby (not as bad as that) plant is hand in the blokes before Sarnie to cut it I upped sticks and left
You've just reminded me, place I used to work had a burger van on the car park which I used on a semi regular basis, I was in the gents the one day washing my hands having used the urinal when the burger vans chef came out of one of the traps, gave me a nod in the mirror and went straight back out to work.

Edited for being a nob.

Last edited:

Andrew_P

You've just reminded me, place I used to work had a burger van on the car park which I used on a semi regular basis, I was in the gents the one day washing my hands having used the urinal when the burger vans chef came out of one of the traps, gave me a nob in the mirror and went straight back out to work.
Not sure if that is a local colloquialism or something else :-)

Leaway2

Lycrist
Isn't there the story of the Sargent of the Black Watch bring a condom in for repair. He was told it could be repaired for one and six but he could have a new one for half a crown. He said he'd have to think about it.

He returned the next day "the regiment will have it repaired"
I think this should be in the "any good jokes lately" thread...........oh maybe not.

Top Bottom