People selling used cycle shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Hotel sheets are unlikely to have been tightly wrapped around a bloke's genitalia.
You should broaden your browsing habits....:eek:

U

User33236

I dont know about that, a lot of people just wear the shoe without any socks. I dont wear socks at all in the summer.
Each to their own. As I say I wouldn't buy second hand shoes for reasons other than hygiene anyway.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Do all you delicate souls have a problem with hotel sheets too? Do you build elaborate nests on lavatory seats?
Easy, doesn't really comply with my Eco Warrior credentials but when needs must... As for Hotels the best advice I can give anyone is to whip off the top cover/blanket/thingy!

3deec651e2bc089e1c6216da876b9429.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member
It's funny the way we react to things like this. I remember a TV programme a few years ago that discussed an experiment about something similar. It had volunteers putting on a used pullover that had been properly washed and was spotlessly clean. Those who were happy to wear it were then told when they had it on that it belonged to serial killer Fred West (though it didn't actually). I can't remember how many, but a sizeable proportion of people reacted with revulsion and tore it off.

In many things I think I'm pretty rational, but the idea of wearing used cycling shorts really does gross me out, even if I was sure they were properly cleaned and decontaminated. In fact, I wouldn't even wear a rented suit because I know some other bloke has had his tackle inside the trousers. (And don't get me started on used-underwear fetishism - that seriously creeps me out.)

But on the other hand (well, foot), I'm happy to wear second hand shoes. In fact, I have about half a dozen pairs of very nice vintage shoes (everyday ones, not cycling ones) that I got second hand, and I have no problem at all with those.

Being the great Dad I am I make up little nonsense nursery rhymes and songs which I sing to the kids. Mrs D disapproved heartily when I came up with...

Daddy is the best,
Better than the rest,
He's much nicer than Fred West,
You can put it too the test.

I thought it was pretty good myself.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
On a serious note, I know it is not just me. On my small industrial estate there are two toilets. I refuse to use them for a wee. Anytime after 8am to 6pm you get a loverly mixed aroma of Le Glade Air De PooFreshener its so strong you can taste it. Then you have to look down at the mess inside the bowl. Honestly these are not even anonymous toilets its a small estate less than 15 people I am gobsmacked how people leave them. Toilets cleaned twice a day. I could maybe live with the poo but not the Glade as well! Two out of three people who work with me who won't wee outside near the woods, have a box of latex gloves to go in there and they all say they come out feeling like they need a bath and can taste the Air Freshener!! No thanks. Just an example of human kind. Worst still our main source of drinking water is supposed to be in there lol no fecking way Jose.

Top Bottom