People selling used cycle shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User33236

I know someone from another forum who advertised a pair or once/twice worn cycling shorts. He was sent a private message enquiring as to whether they were washed. Oh yes, was his reply.

He was offered more than the BIN price to, umm, "unwash" them. There are all sorts out there.
There are indeed. I once met a woman who took great pride in telling me about her service of buying knickers of the clients choice and wearing them for a day or two before selling them to said client at a significantly inflated price! :eek:

She did however have major objections at buying 2nd hand clothes of any sort for herself.

There are indeed. I once met a woman who took great pride in telling me about her service of buying knickers of the clients choice and wearing them for a day or two before selling them to said client at a significantly inflated price! :eek:

She did however have major objections at buying 2nd hand clothes of any sort for herself.
110827_nakano_broadway_otaku_tokyo_shops_anime_vinyl_toys_7.jpg

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Food hygiene is another thing and I can be quite picky. I walked out of a queue at the cheese counter after spotting the cheese guy alternately handling cheese and raw bacon. At the risk of being non-PC he was an unpleastantly greasy fat bloke who didn't look especially clean to start with. I would wash my hands after handling raw meat even in the privacy of my own kitchen.

Venod

Eh up
I wear some used shorts that I received off a member of this forum (dellzeqq ? is he still a member?) in exchange for a charity donation, they have served me well, whats not to like ? I never doubted his cleanliness.

Last edited:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I once bought some ex-MOD long johns on eBay. They were very good but had a strange orange stain on them. It looked more like some kind of oil than anything more biological.

Lonestar

Veteran
Over to Mugshot....

Ok ok,just joshing.:tongue:

Alan O

Über Member
It's funny the way we react to things like this. I remember a TV programme a few years ago that discussed an experiment about something similar. It had volunteers putting on a used pullover that had been properly washed and was spotlessly clean. Those who were happy to wear it were then told when they had it on that it belonged to serial killer Fred West (though it didn't actually). I can't remember how many, but a sizeable proportion of people reacted with revulsion and tore it off.

In many things I think I'm pretty rational, but the idea of wearing used cycling shorts really does gross me out, even if I was sure they were properly cleaned and decontaminated. In fact, I wouldn't even wear a rented suit because I know some other bloke has had his tackle inside the trousers. (And don't get me started on used-underwear fetishism - that seriously creeps me out.)

But on the other hand (well, foot), I'm happy to wear second hand shoes. In fact, I have about half a dozen pairs of very nice vintage shoes (everyday ones, not cycling ones) that I got second hand, and I have no problem at all with those.

U

User33236

.... on the other hand (well, foot), I'm happy to wear second hand shoes. In fact, I have about half a dozen pairs of very nice vintage shoes (everyday ones, not cycling ones) that I got second hand, and I have no problem at all with those.
I suppose, unlike a lot of other items of clothing, shoes don't come into direct contact with your skin.

My only concern with 2nd hand shoes is that the wear pattern would be incompatible with my own walking style and cause issues

Top Bottom