People selling used cycle shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User6179

I am open to offers on these, they come with a flame motif

skid-mark-pants.jpg

GilesM

Legendary Member
I'm always seeing all over the internet people selling used cycle shorts. Just why? I can't think of anything worse than wearing a tight pair of shorts and knowing that some other bloke has also gone commando in them. Shudder. I know you can wash them but still....

It's just wrong, and should be illegal, the padding must be a huge bacteria store, you can't even wash them in proper aggressive detergent, and super hot temperatures.

GilesM

Legendary Member
What about used bedsheets ?

No.

Never stayed in a hotel then?

The sheets are usually washed at 60deg C and in some pretty strong detergents, however, even knowing that, I spend alot of my life in Hotels, and prefer not to think about it. But used cycling shorts, the wrongness is in a league of it's own.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
The sheets are usually washed at 60deg C and in some pretty strong detergents, however, even knowing that, I spend alot of my life in Hotels, and prefer not to think about it. But used cycling shorts, the wrongness is in a league of it's own.

People get up to all sorts of things in hotel beds, or so I'm told. Much more than merely riding a bike, though riding may be involved

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I am deducing from this that used condoms also aren't on your shopping list?

Isn't there the story of the Sargent of the Black Watch bring a condom in for repair. He was told it could be repaired for one and six but he could have a new one for half a crown. He said he'd have to think about it.

He returned the next day "the regiment will have it repaired"

GilesM

Legendary Member
People get up to all sorts of things in hotel beds, or so I'm told. Much more than merely riding a bike, though riding may be involved

I'm sure you're right, but to be honest, it's things like arm chairs and sofas, stuff that doesn't get washed that I worry the most about when I'm in a hotel.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I think @Profpointy duff protest too much!

Seriously each to their own, maybe its how much I sweat in my bibs that put me off, but I am just bit squeamish about it. I hate public toilets for the same reasons really. Plus take a look at those to see mist blokes level of cleanliness!

Top Bottom