People selling used cycle shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I'm always seeing all over the internet people selling used cycle shorts. Just why? I can't think of anything worse than wearing a tight pair of shorts and knowing that some other bloke has also gone commando in them. Shudder. I know you can wash them but still....

With ya. I'd rather wear someone else's teeth.

Jason

as long as they are washed - and I would run them through the machine again, just for good measure - what's the issue.
you do know that new shorts may have been tried on by someone in a shop before you right?

Brandane

Legendary Member
I don't have a problem with people who sell used cycling shorts.
People who BUY used cycling shorts on the other hand :thumbsdown:...... xx(

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Same here, Shoes, Shorts, well anything really but those two are by far the worst ones.

What's wrong with 2nd hand shoes or boots? I paid £35 for a smart pair of shoes and I subsequently saw the same model for rather more than £400 in a Jermyn St window. Am wearing them now as it happens.

Boopop

Guru
"Eww it touched someone's private parts 5 wash cycles ago, I'm not wearing that!".

Seriously, I don't get it. You do all realise how much bacteria we come in to contact with every day right? Plus the fact that the clue's in the name when it comes to a washing machine? They wash! :tongue: If you don't trust them to clean someone else's shorts why do you trust them to clean your own underwear? Or do you always assume your own underwear is at least a little bit dirty even after it's been in the wash? :whistle:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I've sold a virtually as new pair of winter bib tights. Just a tad too small, bizarely on the calf rather than round the middle. Chap got a bargain for a virtually new item and I got half my money back. Some of yoy squeamish types need a sense of proportion or OCD therapy even

Top Bottom