Phones falling out of pockets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Phones used to come with a lanyard hole . A few people used to hang phones around their neck. Most people used the lanyard for a wrist loop or toggle.
Apple got rid of the hole for asthetic reasons. People say that modern phones are too big to hang around your neck so they dont need a lanyard hole. , Lanyard users have to press the phone into a holder and fix a lanyard to the holder. Not very secure.
With no lanyard people drop phones into water, off high places and onto hard surfaces.
Bring back the lanyard loop.
You can drill your own hole.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
You can drill your own hole.

There’s a hole in my phone dear Liza…

Psamathe

On 2 wheels (DF) I use a phone sized AquaPac which has a neck leash. Works well and doesn't get in the way.

On the tadpole I have side panniers with a perfect outside pocket.

Ian

Gwylan

Veteran
There’s a hole in my phone dear Liza…

All the messages will dribble out

For the third time I’ve had phone fall out of my pocket while cycling. This time it has not been returned, I am going to have to submit an insurance claim. I tend to buy largish phones but noted that one pair of my trousers hasn’t got very deep pockets. So once every 2/3 yrs I get home only to realise that I am minus one phone! I doubt that this is uniquely my affliction and it has happened to others. What solutions have others employed to prevent this and to what success?

Three phones ? Wouldn't you learn the lesson the first time ?

If cycling properly it's in my back Jersey pocket - in a bag or pouch for protection.

If commuting to work - it'd be in a manbag or jacket.

I don't think I've ever cycled with a phone in my trouser/ short pocket.

I have seen plenty of women carry them in their jeans back pocket - but wouldn't you break them sitting down ?

Top Bottom