Phones falling out of pockets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I've never had one [out of 1 Smart phone owned] with a lanyard hole.
Just been looking in my "old tech drawer". Got quite a few old phones but the only one with a lanyard hole was a 2005 Orange SPV C600 smartphone.

Have also got a a basic Nokia cellphone from 2000 - no lanyard, but I'm sure a late 90s 6110 did.

iandg

Legendary Member
Our club jerseys are made by Kalas. The jersey has a closable hook (like a karabiner) inside the back pocket, and the jersey is supplied with a waterproof phone pouch that clips into the pocket keeping it secure.

iandg

Legendary Member
Would be easy enough to sew something into your back pocket and use a separate phone wallet

IMG_20230123_223050_655.jpg

IMG_20230123_223127_032.jpg

Our club jerseys are made by Kalas. The jersey has a closable hook (like a karabiner) inside the back pocket, and the jersey is supplied with a waterproof phone pouch that clips into the pocket keeping it secure.

Yes! These are good - but lots of our members stopped using them cos it takes quite a twist to reach round for your phone! As the pouches don't last forever, I have a ready supply of spares from fellow Kalas owners :smile:
(lukcily the pouches have TWO holes, so you can use them as neck pouches, etc ... )

The Kalas pouches are also touch-screen friendly, for those that needs this. Don't know how many other brands are - definitely not all.
HOWEVER - I'm told some Kalas jerseys don't have them, presumably the cheapest ones.

That's clever but I've never seen a phone launched out of a pocket.

I guess it helps in case of a crash.

iandg

Legendary Member
I've never lost a mobile from a pocket. I have used the clip for a car key before tho' when I've raced.

I've never lost a mobile from a pocket. I have used the clip for a car key before tho' when I've raced.

I know someone who lost their car keys in crash in a TLI race. He had to do another loop to find it.
Only thing is the loop was 12 miles and he'd crashed 2 miles back down the road...

DogmaStu

I use a Baggicase that carries my iphone (max size) bank card and some money and fits snug in my jersey middle pocket.

99.9% of time this is fine, including MTB racing, but I have had this case jump out in a high-speed accident. Happily the phone was unscathed. Tough case!

Lately however, to reduce what I am carrying, I have started using an Apple Watch Ultra, with its e-sim linked to my iphone account. I can leave my phone at home and still make and receive calls etc on the watch as well as anything else the phone might do incl. recording on Strava - except take photos.

johnnyb47

Guru
Funnily enough I was just thinking about this thread whilst walking around town browsing at the shops.I bought a new phone at Christmas and although I enjoy the large screen (failing eyesight) it's way too big to just fit in my jersey pocket whilst out cycling.
Good old Wilko's came up with the answer though.I spotted a top tube bike bag that fits to the cross bar and stem.It fits perfectly and doesn't look to bad either for £14

Top Bottom